Chapter 7: Knife in the Back

——————————🕷️——————————

Wednesday opened his dorm door, and gestured for (Y/n) to go inside first. She smiled at him, and kissed his cheek, before she entered his room. Since Enid had left, (Y/n) was staying with him.

As soon as the two entered Wednesday's dorm, their faces fell at the mess in front of them. All of Wednesday's stuff was scattered across the room, and his furniture was pushed around.

Wednesday's eyes widened. "The diary." 

Both (Y/n) and Wednesday scanned the room, but neither of them could see the diary. Someone had stolen it.

"Thing?" Wednesday called out.

A small noise was heard and (Y/n) turned to Wednesday's gramophone and saw blood tripping down on it. Her eyes slowly trailed upwards and she let out a horrified gasp. Wednesday turned to her to see what she was looking at, and his eyes went wide.

Thing was pushed up against the wall with a knife in the middle of him, hanging him on the wall.

"Thing." Wednesday whispered.

He rushed over to him and yanked the knife out of him and held him in his arms. He stared down at him with wide eyes, and noticed he wasn't moving.

...

Next thing Wednesday and (Y/n) knew, they were running out of the school with Thing wrapped in a towel in Wednesday's arms.

"Uncle Fester? Fester! Help! Help! Help! Thing's not moving. He was stabbed!" Wednesday cried as they barged into the Hummer's hut.

Fester jerked awake at the commotion, and saw Thing.

"Get him on the table." Fester ordered.

Wednesday knocked everything off the table and placed Thing on it. He knelt down by Thing and (Y/n) stood next to him as Fester rubbed his hands together and tried to shock him back to life.

He shocked him once...nothing.

Twice...still nothing.

"Oh, come on Thing." Fester pleaded.

He shocked him again...still nothing.

Wednesday's mouth started twitching and his chin began to tremble as his eyes filled with tears.

Fester sighed. "He's gone, Wednesday."

"No he's not." Wednesday pulled Thing towards him. "Thing. If you can hear me...if you die...I will kill you."

Wednesday pushed Thing back towards Fester.

"Go again." He demanded.

Fester looked unsure.

Wednesday slammed his hand on the table. "Now! Again, please!"

Fester complied and rubbed his hands together and shocked Thing again. Tears began to fall down Wednesday's face, and he leaned his head into (Y/n)'s side. She stroked his hair while trying to hold in her own tears.