Chapter 7: Destined to Be Alone

——————————🕷️——————————

Tyler winced as (Y/n) patches up the wound on his chest.

"Thanks doc." He joked.

All five of them were at Tyler's house sitting at a table watching (Y/n) fix Tyler. Wednesday tried to contain the small amount of jealousy he felt as he watched his girlfriend touch another man's chest.

"Not to make this about me, but I am having a full blown panic attack right now." Enid commented tensely. "We need to get back before Weems realizes we've been gone."

Just then, the sheriff walked into the room and saw Tyler's wound.

"What the hell happened?"

Wednesday stood up, and the sheriff came towards him.

"This was you, wasn't it?" He accused.

Tyler stood up as well. "Dad, please. I'm okay." He defended.

"Sheriff, I understand you're upset, but I think there's something you need to see." Wednesday insisted.

...

Wednesday lead the sheriff to the Gates mansion and they went down to the basement only to discover that the body parts were all gone, and that the basement had been cleared out.

"It's was all hear." Wednesday said in disbelief. "The...the...the body parts and the Blue Cadillac, the altar, and the bedroom filled with fresh roses."

"Yeah, well it's all gone now." The sheriff noticed.

"Somebody cleared this place out after we left. Listen, yesterday I told you all signs pointed to this house and I was right."

"Is that your justification for almost getting my son, your girlfriend, and your friends killed? Huh?" The sheriff snapped.

Wednesday's gaze flickered to the floor.

"Now you listen to me. From this point forward, you are forbidden from seeing Tyler, and you are forbidden from pursuing anything to do with this case, understood?" He demanded.

...

The sheriff dropped Wednesday off at Nevermore and he entered the building and started walking up a set of stairs.

"You directly violates my explicit order and left campus during a lockdown."

Wednesday looked up and saw Principal Weems standing at the top of the stairs.

"Not to mention putting your peers and yourself in danger."

"Which is grounds for expulsion. I know. And you have every right to exercise that option. I do believe it would be a grave error on your part." Wednesday told her.

Principal Weems scoffed. "I think contrition might be in order right now, Mr. Addams. Not hubris."

"I'll never apologize for trying to uncover the truth."

Wednesday climbed further up the stairs towards Weems and showed her the drawing from Rowan.

"What is this?" She asked.