Chapter 7: Final Battle

——————————🕷️——————————

Students and teachers clamored and screamed as they exited the school and ran from the crazy pilgrim that was trying to kill them.

Meanwhile, Wednesday and (Y/n) went back into the school, and Wednesday went up to a display that held the same sword used to kill Garrett Gates.

Wednesday picked up the sword and turned to (Y/n). "Go help the others. Make sure everyone gets out of the school." He told her.

"What about you?" She asked.

He looked at her firmly. "I'm finishing this."

...

Joseph Crackstone had cornered two students and aimed his staff at them, aiming to kill them.

"Howdy pilgrim." A voice said from behind him.

Crackstone turned and saw Wednesday glaring at him, holding the sword.

"How canst thy heart still beat? What demon sorcery is this?"

"Get away from him!"

Wednesday and Crackstone looked over at Xavier, who was holding a bow and arrow. He fired at Crackstone, but he used his magic to stop the arrow in midair. He turned it back towards Xavier and fired. Wednesday quickly stepped in the way and the arrow hit him in the shoulder, making him fall back.

"No!" Xavier rushed to Wednesday's side, as he pulled the arrow out.

"I'm fine. Go, get everyone out of here!" Wednesday told him. "Now!"

"Okay!"

Xavier rushed over and helped some other students get out of the quad to safety.

Wednesday stood up and grabbed the sword once more and stood face to face with Joseph Crackstone.

The pilgrim smirked at him, and Wednesday glared back. The two charged at each other and began to battle. Wednesday fighting with a sword, and Crackstone with his staff. They clashed and swung at each other, and Wednesday managed to kick off Crackstone's hat.

Wednesday ducked and dodged and blocked Crackstone's attacks, and tried to swing at him as well, but Crackstone was equally skilled at avoiding Wednesday's own attacks.

Crackstone and Wednesday swung at each other at the same time, their weapons colliding, and the force of the collision broke Wednesday's sword into several pieces.

Wednesday's eyes widened, and Crackstone smirked smugly at the predicament. He then used his staff to send Wednesday flying back into a broken picnic table, and held him there, while he slowly stalked towards him.

"I will send you back to hell." He hissed, and held his staff an inch from Wednesday's chest.

The staff began to glow a bright red and Joseph Crackstone grinned triumphantly at Wednesday's pain.

But that grin soon turned into a look of anguish when a blade pierced through Crackstone's chest. He yelled in pain and turned to see (Y/n) standing behind him with her own sword, glaring at Crackstone.