Chapter 2: Presents

——————————🕷️——————————

Wednesday sat at his desk sketching a drawing of the gate he saw in his vision, and Thing was perched on his shoulder, when Enid and (Y/n) entered the room.

"Careful." He warned. "That's my cold shoulder."

Thing crawled off of him, as Enid and (Y/n) approached.

"Don't blame Thing. The party was our idea." Enid confessed. "I believe everyone deserves to be celebrated on their birthday."

"I prefer to be vilified."

"What happened? It looked like you were having a seizure." Enid asked.

"I wasn't that lucky." Wednesday replied.

"Can we at least get some points for pulling one over on you?" (Y/n) asked with a smirk.

Wednesday turned to glance at her. "...The subterfuge was impressive." He admitted.

Meanwhile, Thing had crawled over to Wednesday's bed and pulled something out from underneath it.

Wednesday got up from his desk and pulled it out completely. It was a taxidermy kit with a note on top.

"'May your 18th be as sour and misery-filled as your desire. Your ever doting Mother and Father.'" He read.

"They asked Thing to hide it before they left on Parents' Weekend." (Y/n) explained.

Wednesday lifted the lid off of a kit and saw a bunch of tools, and chemicals as well as two frozen squirrels.

"Ew! That's so gross!" Enid exclaimed.

"I would've preferred live squirrels." Wednesday commented.

He took the cover off of the squirrels and examined their bodies.

"While we're still accepting presents..."

Wednesday looked up and saw Enid extending something wrapped in paper to him.

Wednesday stood up and accepted the gift. He unwrapped it, and held a black scarf looking thing in his hands.

"Well, do you like it?" Enid asked excitedly.

Wednesday looked at her. "What is it exactly?"

"It's a snood, silly. I made it in your signature colors. And you wanna know what the best part is? (Y/n) and I have ones too!" She squealed.

Enid smiled widely and held up a pink snood, and Wednesday looked over to (Y/n), and she smiled awkwardly and held up a (f/c) and black snood.

"We can all wear them together to class."

Wednesday stared at her, completely gobsmacked. "Oh, Enid, this is far too unique to wear to something like class. I suggested we all wait for a more special occasion. Like a funeral."

"Yes! Good idea." (Y/n) quickly agreed.

Enid nodded in understanding, before skipping out of the room.