Chapter 6: Goo Goo Muck

——————————🕷️——————————

"Dude, check it out."

All of them turned to see Wednesday and (Y/n) entering the dance arm in arm. Everyone turned and stared at them, considering they were the only ones not wearing white.

"(Y/n) and Wednesday totally busted out of their cocoons." Ajax commented.

Xavier stared at (Y/n), and Bianca noticed. "Like dead-head moths." She sneered.

Ms. Thornhill went over to the couple and struck up a conversation.

"Wednesday Addams, (Y/n). What a lovely surprise."

"Ms. Thornhill." Wednesday greeted with a nod, then turned to (Y/n). "I'll go get us some drinks."

Wednesday walked over to the punch bowl, only to have Enid rush over to him.

"OMG! I love the looks! And very interesting choice of date." Enid smirked.

Wednesday glared over at Lucas. "I could say the same."

"It's not what it looks like." Enid promised.

"Good. Because that pilgrim already had two strikes in my book."

"Lucas is trying to make his ex jealous, I'm trying to make Ajax jealous. It's a win-win. And I'm so glad you asked (Y/n) to go with you. I knew you liked her, I knew it, knew it, knew it!" Enid bounced up and down excitedly.

Lucas looked over at the two and approached them with a smile and his hand sun the air. "Wednesday, I come in peace."

"That's a shame. I brought my pocket mace. The medieval kind."

Lucas's smile fell.

"Make sure to stay away from my date." Wednesday warned him.

Lucas and Enid left, and Wednesday grabbed two drinks, and turned to walk back to (Y/n) only to come face to face with Xavier.

He gave him a look of disapproval. "I can't believe you're here with her."

"Why are you bringing this up?"

"I'm the one who actually wanted to go with her."

"That's interesting, because you had her, and then you cancelled on her." Wednesday pointed out.

"That's only because I wanted her to want to go with me. I didn't want to force her into anything." Xavier defended.

"But she didn't want to go with you. She wanted to be here with me, and now she is. You've had plenty of chances to make your move on her before I got here. She's mine now."

Wednesday started to walk away with the drinks, when Xavier got one last comment in.

"Yeah, until you hurt her again."

Wednesday stopped in his tracks for a moment, his words stunning him, but he quickly recovered and kept walking.

...