Chapter 1: No Body, No Crime

——————————🕷️——————————

"This story is about to take a dark turn. Usually I love dark turns."

Bright red and blue lights flashed in the dark as several police officers and police dogs scour the forest looking for Rowan's dead body.

"Like when the carousel brakes mysteriously failed at my eighth birthday party."

The police were looking all over, but it seems like all traces of Rowan's murder had vanished, and they didn't find anything.

"But not this one."

...

"How could you miss a dead body?" Wednesday angrily asked the sheriff.

Wednesday, Sheriff Galpin and Principal Weems were walking down the halls of the school towards Weems' office.

"Cause it wasn't there." Sheriff Galpin replied. "No footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle. Nothing, nada. My search party looked all night."

"Well your search party must have left their seeing eye dogs at home. I saw that monster kill Rowan right in front of me."

"Get a good look at this monster thing?" The Sheriff asked.

"It didn't stick around for a chat." Wednesday responded with sarcasm.

"Maybe it was one of your classmates?" He suggested.

"Sheriff, I find that question offensive." Weems snapped, turning towards him.

"Well I don't care, cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue. Hikers just ripped apart on the woods." He snapped back.

"The mayor said those were bear attacks." Weems said.

"Well, the mayor and I disagree on that."

"So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed." Weems accused.

"I'm sorry. I forgot you only teach the good outcasts here, right?" Galpin retorted.

Weems lead the sheriff and Wednesday into her office.

"My guess is that Rowan ran away. State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either."

"Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls." Wednesday pointed out.

"What were you doing out in the woods, Mr. Addams?" Sherif asked, as he sat down.

"I was with (Y/n) at the Harvest Festival when we heard a noise in the forest and went to investigate. That's when we stumbled upon the attack." Wednesday explained.

"Then what happened?"

"Then we ran into Bianca Barclay, and I told her to go for help. Next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm."

"And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?" The sheriff double checked.

"I've hibernated with grizzlies. I know the difference." Wednesday stated confidently.