Chapter 4: Laurel Gates

——————————🕷️——————————

Ms. Thornhill stood in the green house wearing her red boots and a blue jumpsuit. She was fiddling around with plant chemicals and used a syringe to fill it up with light blue liquid.

Suddenly, the door opened and closed making her jump. She turned and saw Wednesday standing in front of her.

"Wednesday! I thought you'd be halfway to New Jersey by now."

"You can drop the act, Laurel." Wednesday told her. "I should have known it was you. Faking your death, securing a job at Nevermore, unlocking a Hyde. Typically I have great admiration for well-executed revenge plots, but yours was a bit extreme, even for my high standards."

"Oh dear." She whispered, discreetly sticking the syringe in her pocket. "Weems was right. You do need psychiatric help. You can't just throw out wild accusations without consequences."

"They may be wild...but they are true. Tyler told me everything."

From behind Wednesday, Tyler walked in and looked at Ms. Thornhill.

"You know initially I incorrectly accused Dr. Kinbott of using hypnosis to unlock him. But you used a plant derived chemical didn't you?"

Ms. Thornhill scoffed.

"I know your father kept tabs on all the outcasts in town. So I assume he told you all about the Galpin family secret when you were just a girl. That's why you targeted Tyler. You manipulated him by showing him what his mother truly was. What Tyler didn't realize is that the truth wouldn't free him. It would enslave him to you."

Wednesday stepped closer to Ms. Thornhill who was backed against a table.

"And that was scary at first, so you used the cave and the shackles. But eventually he became your willing servant. And when Kinbott came close to discovering the truth, you had Tyler kill her and pin it on Xavier."

Ms. Thornhill shook her head in disbelief before sighing and dropping the act.

"Oh, that's enough." She removed her glasses and looked at Tyler. "Tyler, honey, make mama happy and shut her up. Permanently."

"He's not on your side." Wednesday revealed.

"Tyler will do anything for me." Laurel said. She walked over to Tyler, and held his face. "Remember what I told you? I showed you who you really are. What they did to your mother. The outcasts made you a monster." She whispered.

"If you only hate outcasts, why is he killing normies as well?" Wednesday asked.

"They're just pawns in a bigger game. Just like you, Wednesday. Once again, you've underestimated the situation." She mocked. "You were never getting on that train. I sent Tyler to intercept you."

"I never made it to the station. Heard enough?" He asked Tyler.

Except, it wasn't Tyler. It was Principal Weems who had shape-shifted into Tyler.

Laurel's eyes went wide at the reveal, and her mouth fell open.

"Your slave is probably still at the station." Wednesday told her.