Chapter 9: Fire Will Rain

——————————🕷️——————————

Wednesday barged into Principal Weems's office carrying the yearbook.

"I knew it. (Y/n) and I did witness Rowan getting murdered that night."

Weems furrowed her brows at him. "Excuse me?"

"When Rowan appeared the next morning, it was you. You see when you participated in the talent show with my mother, not only did you impersonate Judy Garland, you became her. You're a shapeshifter." He accused, slamming the yearbook down.

Weems just looked at him and scoffed. "That is a fascinating theory."

"I'm curious to see how Sheriff Galpin feels when I tell him." Wednesday threatened.

Weems stood up and bent over her desk. "You won't tell a soul, Mr. Addams. And it wouldn't matter much if you did. Rowan's father already knows what happened, and he fully supports my decision not to involve the authorities."

Wednesday looked confused. "Why would he agree to that?"

"Because Rowan was not in his right mind. His telekinetic abilities were driving him mad, and he attempted to murder you and your little girlfriend twice. His tragic death allowed us to rectify that situation without casting the school or Rowan in an unflattering light." She explained.

"You and Rowan are the same aren't you? Burying bodies to hide your dirty secrets." Wednesday accused.

"I did what I had to do to shield this school from controversy and protect its students from harm." She defended.

"Tell that to Eugene." Wednesday argued.

Principal Weems paused and looked at him.

"How are you protecting him?"

Before Principal Weems could answer, the sound of students yelling and clamoring could be heard outside. Weems opened some doors that lead to a small balcony and Wednesday followed.

"What on earth?" Weems whispered.

Down on the lawn of the school, words were burned into the grass:

'FIRE WILL RAIN'

——————————🕷️——————————