Chapter 1: The Past

——————————🕷️——————————

"How well do we really know our parents?"

Wednesday stood in the quad looking at his dad's police file.

"Take my father. I've always considered him an open book. A man given to misguided schemes and exaggerated displays of affection. But when he was a student, he was accused of a murder that took place right up there."

Wednesday looked up at the second level of the school where there was an open hallway, with brick railings.

"Which leads me to wonder..."

...

"...what really happened that stormy night 32 years ago?"

A young Principal Weems exited the 1990 Rave'N, and opened a big red umbrella as she stepped out into the rain.

She walked along the quad and came to a section that had construction scaffolding, when a body dropped right in front of her.

She let out a horrified scream, and looked up to see a young Gomez Addams standing at the top of the scaffolding on the second level, looking down at the scene, holding a sword.

...

The police arrived and bagged up the body, and took pictures of the crime scene, while Sheriff Walker interviewed Weems .

"I think he had a sword, and they certainly have issues. I don't like to tell tales, Sheriff Walker, but it's all Morticia Frump's fault. They were fighting over her." Weems revealed.

...

Morticia stood outside the gates of Nevermore being interviewed by an officer, when Gomez walked past her in handcuffs.

"Tish." He called.

Morticia turned to Gomez. "I don't know what to say Gomez. Seeing you in handcuffs, accused of murder...I've never loved you more."

"Cara mia." Gomez muttered.

"All right, that's enough, Addams. Let's go." The officer dragged Gomez into the cop car and shut the door.

...

PRESENT

Gomez Addams looked out the window of their car, as they pulled into the gates of the school. The entrance had a giant blue sign over it that said, 'Welcome to Parents' Weekend'

Gomez and the rest of the family climbed out of the car and Gomez took a deep breath. "Ah, the fetid air of teenage angst. These were the best years of our lives, we're they not, Tish?"

"They certainly were, mi cariño." Morticia agreed with a smile, before it turned to a frown. "I hope Wednesday's happy to see us." I left a dozen messages on his crystal ball. Still no reply."

Gomez took her hand. "Fret not, my plum-lipped Cupid. I'm sure he's dying to see us." He reassured, kissing her hand.

And with that, the family turned and began to walk onto the school grounds. Not noticing Wednesday peering down at them through a spyglass.

——————————🕷️——————————