Chapter 3: Tour

——————————🕷️——————————

Enid and (Y/n) lead Wednesday down the main staircase and Enid began talking about the school.

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. Outcast, freaks, monsters, fill in your favorite marginalized group here."

"You can save the sanitized sales pitch. I don't plan on staying here for long." He revealed.

"Why not?" (Y/n) asked.

Wednesday glanced at a trophy case. "This was my parents idea." His eyes landed on a picture of his mother in a fencing uniform. "Oh look, there's my mother smirking at me. They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan." He sneered at the photo.

(Y/n) raised a brow in confusion and interest. "What plan?"

He glanced at her. "To turn me into a version of themselves."

"While we're on the subject, perhaps you can clear something up." Enid chimed in. "Rumor's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled strings to get you off."

"Actually it was two kids, but who's counting." Wednesday corrected.

Enid and (Y/n) glanced nervously at each other.

...

Enid opened some doors that lead to an outdoor area in the middle of the school.

"Welcome to the quad." She announced.

"It's a pentagon." He commented.

Indeed it was. The area was shaped like a pentagram, and in the center was a fountain with an old gnarled tree in the middle of it.

Enid glanced at him. "The whole snarky goth guy thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different. Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene."

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés." Wednesday told them.

(Y/n) turned to face him. "Well if you don't want to participate, then you can just listen." She said, with a bit of a bite to her tone. She was getting a bit tired of his negative attitude.

Wednesday glared down at her, and she glared right back. One part of Wednesday wanted to bury her alive for snapping at him. But the other part of him was intrigued. No one had ever spoken to him like that before. And no one had ever been brave enough to match his heated gaze. He found this girl to be both annoying and...interesting.

"Fine. Go on." He relented.

Enid smiled and the three of them started walking around the quad.

"There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners, and Scales." Enid listed.

(Y/n) pointed to a table of people wearing sunglasses, and drinking blood. "Those are the Fangs, AKA vampires. Some of them have literally been here for decades."

Enid pointed to another table. "That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, AKA werewolves. Like me!"

The Furs saw Enid and howled at her.