Chapter 5: Sneaking Out

——————————🕷️——————————

The next day, Wednesday entered (Y/n)'s dorm room, and saw her sitting at her desk. She looked up when she saw him enter the room and smiled.

"Hey. What brings you here?"

"I owe you an apology."

The girl furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"I was dismissive of your offer to take me out for a non-birthday dinner. If it still stands, I would like to take you up on it." He said matter-of-factly.

(Y/n) smiled. "Really?"

Wednesday nodded.

"Uh...great. But uh, we might have to wait. The school is on lockdown remember?" She reminded him.

"I'll take care of that. I have a plan." He told her.

(Y/n) eyed him skeptically. "What kind of plan?"

Wednesday brushed his fingers through her hair. "Don't worry your pretty head about that. Just be sure to be ready by 8:00." He gave her a wink and walked off.

(Y/n) just stared after him, with her mouth slightly open and a slightly confused look on her face.

...

Wednesday stood by a pay phone and typed in a number. A few seconds later, Tyler picked up.

"Hello?"

"I've reconsidered your offer."

"My offer?"

"To drive (Y/n) and I to my non-birthday dinner."

"Really? That's...great. Um...when did you guys wanna go?"

"Pick us up outside the Nevermore gates at 8:00. Cut your lights."

...

It was almost 8:00, and Wednesday had told (Y/n) to wait by the Nevermore gates for him because he needed to take care of something.

He walked into Enid and (Y/n)'s dorm and saw Enid laying on her bed.

"I've been thinking about my less-then-enthusiastic response to your surprise soirée. And I must admit, I regret not showing my gratitude towards you more appropriately." Wednesday told her.

"You really mean it?"

"Take the win, Enid." He said firmly. "If only there was a way to get off campus and have a little birthday redo. Just you, me, and (Y/n). Too bad the school is on lockdown."

Wednesday casually strutted over to the window and looked up at the sky.

"Would you look at that full moon." He muttered.

Enid's eyes suddenly lit up. "Oh! How about I say I'm about to wolf out and get a pass to the lupin cages? And say you two volunteered to lock me in."

Wednesday turned to her and smirked. "My deviousness has rubbed off on you."

He then turned to Thing, who was playing with a rubix cube. "Thing, you know what to do, right?"