Part 5: Fired?

It was daytime. Y/n was feeling much better after a nap and was about to get on a subway ride home when she heard a few ten-year-olds come through the door.

"No one comes here anymore. Besides, I took this tour in second grade, Daley." One kid said. Y/n immediately looked up from their things and saw Nicky and his friends. They then walked up to him. 

"Heya Nicky! How are you, bud?" Y/n smiled, scruffing his hair. "Hi, Y/n." Nicky smiled. "'You gonna have a good last day before break?" Y/n asked. "Yep. I'm just gonna get dad to hook us up with a tour real quick. Y'know, confirm it" Nicky answered. 

"Mr. Daley." a man said, with an English accent. Y/n turned around, and Nicky and his friends looked in front of them. 

"Yeah?" Larry said, walking up to the man.

"Foam." the man pointed at the neanderthal exhibit. Y/n cringed at the caveman memories from earlier. 

"Yes, I know," Larry said. "In the neanderthal display." the man said, unamused. "I know. I know." Larry sighed, "There was an incident last night with the fire extinguisher. I was just on my way to clean it up-" he tried explaining but got cut off.

"Okay, don't bother. You're fired." the man said, walking away. There was an unnecessarily loud silence in the room until one of Nicky's friends spoke up.

"I don't think we're gettin' a tour today," The one friend said. "Your dad just got canned, dude" the other one laughed. They both turned around and left. "Ronald Weasley little orphan Annie looking ahh with that red hair better shut the fuck up about our dad, I bet that ten-year-old mf doesn't even know the difference between your and you're." Y/n thought. Nick and Y/n just looked at Larry, who followed his boss, saying "Mr. McPhee? Excuse me, Mr. McPhee?"

"Oh, boy, I'm sorry, Nicky," Y/n said, with sympathy, rubbing Nicky's back. He pushed away from Y/n and left the museum. "I'll see ya later Nicky, alright?" Y/n said. Nicky didn't respond and entered the revolving door. Y/n sighed, got their stuff, and went on the next subway closest to home.

~~~~~~~~Later in the day~~~~~~~

"Knock knock, buddy" Y/n slowly entered Nicky's room. "How 'you feeling, bud?"

"Not good. We saw dad get fired." Nicky pouted. Could you blame him though? 

"Yeah, I know, Nicky." Y/n sighed, walking up to Nicky, then sitting down next to him. "Everything'll be alright. I promise." They then gave Nicky a big hug. Nicky hugged back after a few seconds. 

Larry entered the room a few minutes later.

"Hey, buddy, what's goin' on?" Larry asked, leaning on the doorframe of Nicky's room.

"You got fired," Nicky answered, not looking up from the book he was reading. "What are you talkin' about? I didn't get fired." Larry said, confused. He then looked at Y/n and saw the look in their eyes. He walked up to his two kids. "I came into the museum this morning. Y/n was already there. We saw your boss yelling at you." Nicky sighed. Larry paused, and looked at Y/n with a look that just said 'you saw that?'. 

"Why didn't you tell me? No, everything's fine, I just- We had a little misunderstanding." Larry explained. "Why?" Nicky asked. Y/n's eyes widened. 

"It's a little hard to explain, Nicky" Y/n rubbed his back, trying to comfort him. "Yes, Y/n's right, it's hard to explain. It's got- I mean, you wouldn't bel-" Larry said, but stopped himself. "...You know what? Lemme show you.' he finished. Y/n stopped rubbing Nicky's back and gave Larry a death glare. "Dad, are you sure about that?" Y/n said(, turning into John Cena /j). "Show me what?" Nicky asked. 

"Come to work with me and Y/n tonight," Larry said.

"Larry, can um- can I talk to you for a second?" Erica asked, entering the room. Larry paused and looked at his kids. "I'll be right back, kiddos." Larry lightly smiled, then left the room with Erica.

"Am I in trouble?" Larry asked, leaning on a doorframe. 

"Larry, what are you doing?" Erica asked.

"I just wanna show him what I do. that's all." Larry answered.

"I love that! I love that you wanna share with him, but I gotta tell you, I don't think Nicky had any more room in his heart for more disappointment. I'm surprised that Y/n's not disappointed, honestly, but to them, it doesn't matter as long as they see you." Erica admitted. All Larry did was make a small smirk. "He won't be disappointed." He said.

"Larry-"

"He won't be disappointed."