Battle of the Smithsonian, part 10: It's The End, Pal.

Kahmunrah started chanting in Egyptian to open the gate.

"I'm sorry, Jed." Larry said in sorrow. Y/n seemed to be in the same boat as Larry. "You did your best, Gigantors." Jed sighed, "Dadgum it, we almost had him, too."

"No, I mean I'm sorry we weren't around the last couple of years at the museum. Maybe none of this would've happened." Larry said. "I'm sorry, too, Jed. I mean, I could've gotten a job at the museum once dad quit, instead of being so busy with my friends and unnecessary things. I mean, I could've done something too." Y/n apologized.

"You don't get it, do you Gigantors?" Jed asked, "I didn't call you 'cause we needed your help. Aw, sure, we were in a little pickle, but, it wouldnt've been the first time I had to wrestle my way out of a root sack. No, partner, I called you 'cause you needed us. That fancy suit you've been paradin' 'round these past couple years? That there's a hangin' suit! All gussied up, but dead inside. That ain't you." He finished. Larry just looked around, still disappointed. Jed turned to Y/n.

"And you, (Sir/Missy), you shouldn't be blamin' yourself for all this. Sure, we all coulda' done somethin' different, but you were a kid back then. Now, would you expect a kiddo like yourself to handle losin' practically everythin' they've loved like that? And heck, those 'unnecessary things' were necessary to enjoy your last years of childhood. You gotta enjoy things while they're still 'around. Don't blame yourself for this." He said. Y/n was starting to feel a little better, but slowly started getting all sad again once they remembered the situation they're in.

"And I'll tell y'all another thing." Larry and Y/n looked at him. "This night ain't over yet. This little Midnight Cowboy's got some fight left in him. Somethin' tells me you do, too. Ho, now!" Jed finished his speech, pointing at the two, his hand leaning more toward Larry.

Kahmunrah finished chanting, and the door popped out of the gate, rocks crumbling to the floor. It then opened, to show a bright light that brought fear to everyone, even Capone, who dropped Einstein. Once the light stopped glowing, the doorway showed green clouds, dust, and what looked like a storm coming their way.

"Welcome to the new, extended reign of Kahmunrah," Kahmunrah said, walking slowly, his hands behind his back, "Fifth king of Egypt, and now... THE WORLD!" The storm turned into multiple men with the heads of birds. "HORUS, RA, MY WARRIORS, COME FORTH! Send Larry Daley, his child, and his friends to their doom!" One of the bird men took one look at Larry and Y/n, and squawked. More came into the room one by one. There had to be at least thirty of them at this point. Kahmunrah shouted a command in Egyptian, and ten of the bird men put their spears up to Larry and Y/n's heads.

"HALT!" A voice said from behind everyone. Larry and Y/n turned around to see Octavius.

"The mighty Octavius has returned!" Octavius shouted, "I ride on the back of nature's most fearsome creature! I ride... the SQUIRREL!!" the squirrel he was riding on chattered aggressively and started running.

"should we tell him that they aren't very fearsome?" Y/n whispered. "No, probably not a good idea." Larry whispered back. The squirrel stopped by Larry, and Octavius looked at Kahmunrah. "Do you wish to surrender honorably? Or must this end with the spilling of your blood?" He shouted at Kahmunrah, who was giving him a look of disgust and disbelief. Kahmunrah looked back up at Larry.

"This? This is your big rescue?"

"Oh, no." Octavius said. Kahmunrah looked back down.

"This is."

Abe Lincoln busted through the already busted window. Everyone jumped and took a few steps back, as he walked into the room. "What is that thing?" Kahmunrah asked, looking up.

"The name is Abraham Lincoln." Lincoln said, "And you sir, are in a heap of trouble!"

"ATTACK IT!" Kahmunrah said to his bird men. They looked at him in confusion.

"Ah! Ah!" He repeated in bird language, pointing at Lincoln.

They all threw their spears at him, but nothing happened. "Disgusting half-pigeons!" Abe said, kneeling down and flicking them and pushing them into stuff. The rest of the bird men fearfully went back to the door, closing it behind them. "Adios, bird brains!" Jedediah exclaimed. Larry and Y/n looked at each other in confusion. "Goodbye, strange bird men!" Abe said, as the last of the bird men left. "DO NOT RETURN TO THE UNDERWOLRD!" Kahmunrah demanded. "Yes, yes, do go back into the Underworld! Thank you for coming, good night!" Octavius said, still on the squirrel. The door closed, and it popped back into the gate.

"...oh. This is awkward." Kahmunrah said.