Secret of the Tomb, part 3: the Expidition

(A/N: just to clear things up for last and current chapter, Y/n and Larry live in the same apartment complex, and are like neighbors)

Y/n woke up from the sound of someone knocking on their apartment door. "Hold on!" They yelled, fixing themself up a bit. They opened the door to see Larry.

"Hey kiddo, we told Ahk that we'd figure out what's going on with his tablet, wanna come help me see what's wrong?" He offered. Y/n had to blink a few times to fully wake up, but then nodded. "Yeah, let me just change out of my PJ's real quick and I'll be out." They said, before going back into their bedroom and changing into a proper outfit. They put their winter coat on, and exited their apartment, locking it, then looking at Larry. "You owe me a cup of coffee." All Larry could do was laugh while walking to the elevator..

~~Timeskip~~

Larry and Y/n walked out of the elevator in the museum, to see a help desk lady playing Candy Crush.

"Hi." Larry said. The lady turned at him, giving a look only a squidward would give, "I'm Larry Daley, I'm head of the Night Program."

"I know who you are, you're the security guard" The lady said in monotone, then turning to Y/n, "Oh, are you two the Daley? of Daley Devices?

"Yeah, also head of the Night Program." Larry repeated, "We're doing some research, and I was wondering if you could help us out."

"Oh, a night guard doing research. Oh-la-la" the lady responded. Y/n couldn't tell if she was sarcastic or not but shrugged it off.

"Yeah, I was uh, looking for anything that you might have on the tablet of Ahkmenrah"

"Center aisle"

"Great"

"Halfway down, stacks on the left." the lady groaned before returning to Candy Crush.

Larry was sitting down, looking at information, until Y/n walked up.

"Yo, I found something." Y/n sipped at their (insert favorite kind of coffee/caffinated drink), and plopped an old hand-sized book. Larry looked at it, before taking it and opening it. The writing inside was cursive, written with a blue pen. He flipped through it, before finding a picture at the back of it. "Hey, check this out." Larry said, holding the photo. In it was four men, and one boy. "I think I recognize that little one," Y/n recalled, pointing at the boy.

"So, what makes you two so curious about the tablet?" the lady from before snook up on the two, sitting down beside Larry. "Oh, uh, just a hobby of mine." Y/n responded. "Yeah, plus it gives us quality time together, I guess." Larry added to the excuse. He wasn't wrong though, they've spent more time together the past few months, catching up on things, "I wish I could talk to these guys."

"Well, you cant."

"Yeah."

"Because they're dead."

"Right."

"What about that little one, though?" Y/n pointed to the boy. The lady took the picture and stared at it, before caressing the part of the picture that showed the boy.

"...You didn't know him, did you?"

"C.J. Fredericks." the lady chuckled. While Larry was onto something in his mind, Y/n had no idea who C.J. Fredericks was. (mainly because they were never told Cecil's last name.) "He worked here." The lady gave the photo back.

"He worked here?" Larry asked.

"Yeah, when he grew up!"

"No."

"Yeah! He was a night guard! Same as you." As the lady said this, Larry started putting the pieces together.

"Wait a minute. C.J. C.J Fredericks. ...Cecil Fredericks?" He asked. "Cecil??" Y/n asked, then looking at the photo, "No wonder I thought I recognized him, then." They sipped at their (coffee/caffinated drink).