Secret of the Tomb, Part 12: Epilogue

~3 years later~

----------------------------------

Y/n had been working at the American Museum of Natural History for three years, taking the role as the night guard. They used to be the CEO or Daley Devices, but ever since the Tablet of Ahkmenrah was shipped to England, Y/n's been strange. A little more upset than the usual. Little did everyone except Larry and Nick Daley know, it's because the tablet brought everyone there to life, and it's sort of a way for them to cope with the loss of their friends.

Tonight, Y/n walked to work with their father, Larry.

"...I don't know how much longer I can keep up with this." Y/n said. Larry turned to them, "What do you mean?"

"This lifestyle. You were right, those years ago. I shouldn't have given up everything just for nothing." Y/n shrugged and turned to Larry. Larry paused, before sighing. "Look, it's... it's a way to cope, right? I mean, you seem to be getting better..."

"I don't feel better." Y/n responded. Larry sighed again, before looking up to see they were at the Museum. He looked at the banner, before smirking. "Look up there. Maybe that'll make you feel a bit better."

Y/n looked up, and saw there was a banner that said that some artifacts from England were on travel for a limited time. They weren't interested, until they saw the Tablet of Ahkmenrah on the banner. Their eyes widened, before turning to Larry, a smile growing.

"You already knew about this, didn't you??" They ask as they playfully punch Larry's shoulder.

"No, no, no no no." Larry insisted.

Y/n looked at him with disbelief

"...Okay. maybe I knew a little bit about it."

Y/n laughed gleefully, before looking at the time. "Crap, I gotta get inside and clock in. I'll see ya later." They smiled once more at Larry, before going to a crosswalk and running to the museum as soon as the light was white.

------------------------------------

Y/n quickly clocked in, and got into their guard clothes. Once they walked out of the locker room, they ran into McPhee.

"Hi, Dr. McPhee-"

"Mr./Ms./Mx. Daley, if you haven't been told already, there are new exhibits up for a limited time, and I need your guard up more than usual. Thank you" And with that, McPhee turned the other way and to his office. When he opened the door, Y/n saw Tilly in there.

They then ran to the hall of miniatures, and hid on the bench, the opposite side of the Roman and Western diorama. Not even a minute later, the sun set and the magic of the tablet brought everyone to life once again. Everyone there seemed normal, as they didn't know that years had gone by, except for Jedediah and Octavius. Little hollers of each others names could be heard as they ran to each other, and gave each other the biggest hug either of them had ever given. Y/n was about to pop out from behind the bench, before they heard the sound a small peck. Their eyes widened and they jolted up.

"Did that actually happen?!" Y/n asked with glee, jump scaring the two miniatures. Instead of answering, they put their arms up and waved Y/n over. Y/n ran over to them, before crouching down and lifting them up.

"It's so good to see you guys again!!" Y/n smiled. Jed and Octavius smiled back. "I know!!!" Octavius said with glee. "Woah, Gigantor, what kind of get-up do you have there?" Jed asked, curious about the museum guard wear.

"Oh, I can tell you later. C'mon, we gotta go see everyone else!" Y/n said, before putting the miniatures in their jacket pocket and running over to the lobby, where everyone was dancing. Ahk had a DJ set up, playing music, and for one of the first times, Y/n saw McPhee smiling. They put Jed and Octavius down at the DJ set up, and they started dancing on the discs. Y/n ran over to the entrance door to see Larry still out there. They unlocked the door and opened it.

"Dad, What are you doing out there?? Get in here! This is amazing!" Y/n smiled as they hollered. Larry looked out over at the museum. It took him a few seconds, but he gained a small smile and started walking over to the museum to party with everyone.

-THE END-

(A/N: man I can't belive I finished this 😭 but my A/N update still stands, if you want me to write out any requests like headcanon stories, I will do so. Though, one rule is that I have the right to say no or not do it. Sorry not sorry. Thank you so much for reading all the way through if you have, and uh, yeah! Till next time, guys :D )