Battle of the Smithsonian, Part 1: The Final Night...

It was a calm day for Y/n. They had finished school not too long ago, planning on applying to colleges. They picked Nicky up from school.

"Hey, Nickster!" Y/n said. "Hi, Y/n." Nicky smiled. They started driving, until the point of a red light. Y/n looked at Nicky, who seemed slightly upset. "Hey, Nicky, is something wrong, Bud?" Y/n asked. 

"I miss everyone at the museum, but other than that, I'm okay." Nicky lightly smiled. Y/n looked at him, back at the road, and sighed. "I miss them too, bud. But hey, if you want, we can go check on em. You know, go over there! Learn! It's a museum after all, it's not supposed to be a home for people and animals from 3 inches to 12 feet." Y/n offered, chuckling at the end. Nicky laughed along and smiled. "I'd like that." "Alrighty, let's go." Y/n smiled. The red light turned green, and they drove over to the museum. 

"Let's go! I'll race ya!" Y/n laughed, running up the staircase. "No fair! You gotta head start!" Nicky yelled, catching up with Y/n. They both got up to the staircase only to see a sign that said "CLOSED for renovations"

"They're closed," Y/n put their hands on their hips, sighing. "Renovations?" Nicky asked, then looked in through the revolving door next to them. There were people in there moving... moving everything into boxes... "Uh, Y/n?" Nicky said. "What?" Y/n asked, walking up to the revolving door. They then saw what Nicky had. The two of them had large eyes at this sight. "Nicky, Let's go. I gotta call dad." Y/n said, taking Nicky by the hand, and walking down the staircase. they then brought their phone out and called Larry, their father. 

ringing...

ringing...

ringing...

"Hello?" Larry picked up. 

"Dad, you gotta come quick to the Museum. All of the exhibits are being put into boxes. Nicky and I wanted to visit the exhibits, and we can't get in to talk to McPhee about it." Y/n said, walking to their car. "Y/n, I can't talk right now, I- wait, did you just say the exhibits are being moved?!" Larry asked. 

"Yeah, you gotta come as soon as possible. I'm driving Nicky home now. I'll talk to you later. Love you." Y/n said, about to hang up. "Wait wait wait! How did this even happen?" Larry asked. "I dunno, but I can't stay on call too much longer. Look, I'll talk to you later, maybe I'll drop Nicky off at home and I'll meet you back at the museum, how about that?" Y/n asked. Larry paused. "Mmm... Fine. Okay. See you then. Love you." he said, hanging up. Y/n drove Nicky home and went back to the museum immediately. They knocked on the door. Larry turned around, and ran over to open the door. 

"Oh, hello, Y/n! Long time no see. You've grown up quite a bit since I've last seen you. 'Come for one of your nostalgia tours?" McPhee had smiled, but it faded. "Hey, McPhee, what's going on?" Y/n asked. "Oh, I was just about to explain to your father, here." McPhee sighed. "'Progress', or so they tell me," McPhee started, "The future. Behold, Natural History, version 2.0." he then clicked a button on a holographic sphere. It started to make warbled whirring sounds. A hologram of Theodore Roosevelt on his horse then appeared.

"Welcome to The Museum of Natural History, where history comes to life!" the hologram said, "Step up, ask your question, then let the next little boy or girl have their turn." Y/n gave the hologram a not so intrigued look. "...Okay, where were you born?" Larry asked. "Right here in New York City, on Twentieth street. October 27th, the year of our Lord 1858." The hologram answered, warbling and disappearing after. 

"Blah, blah, blah. History, history. Learning, learning. Changing America, one child at a time." McPhee sighed. "That's great, so you're adding some new interactive exhibits?" Larry asked. "That would be neat to have." Y/n slightly nodded their head. "No, Mr. Daley, Not adding. Replacing the old exhibits." McPhee answered, picking up his suitcase, and walking away. "What?? Where are they going?" Y/n asked. "Away. We're getting rid of all this junk. The dioramas, the waxworks, even some of the shabbier animals, like even this scrawny little monkey." McPhee said, walking back and picking up Dexter.