Part 7: Getting the Table Back pt 1

Larry, Nicky, and Y/n ran up to the Egyptian exhibit. Larry shone his flashlight where the tablet would be. 

"It's gone," Larry muttered

"What's gone?" Nicky asked. "The tablet. Somebody's must've stolen it." Y/n answered worriedly.

"Yeah right," Nicky said. 

"I'm not kidding, Nicky!" Larry said, walking up to where the tablet would be and the sarcophagus. "Dad," Y/n said. Larry turned around, to see only one of his kids there. Y/n turned around and chased after Nicky. Larry followed.

"Nicky! Hey! Nicky!" Larry said, chasing after Nicky with Y/n. "Hey, hey! Nicky! Where 'you going??" "Home," Nicky said, walking down the staircase. "What?" Larry asked. "Nick, bud, wait a minute-" Y/n said, but their attention was brought to the window. Larry and Nicky stopped walking and looked out the window too. There was a sound of a door opening, followed by a shadow. Y/n and Larry's eyes widened and narrowed. "Come on, kids," Larry said, sort of hurrying the two.

Larry and the kids made it to the security room, where multiple random objects were. 

"Whoa," Nicky said, spotting the tablet. Y/n turned around and followed Nicky. Just as he grabbed it, a low, old voice entered the room. 

"You guys shouldn't be here." Y/n turned around. It was Cecil. That bastard Cecil.

"Hand us the tablet, son," Reginald said Larry then started walking in front of his kids. "Wait a minute, Nicky." He turned to the old watchmen. "What are you guys doing?" "We're not gonna hurt'cha. Give us the tablet." Gus said 

"I'm sorry to tell you this, kids, but your dad doesn't work here anymore," Cecil said, his head turning to Nicky and Y/n. "He got fired this morning. Couldn't hack it." Y/n knew something was up. They knew from the beginning. all since that 'things get scary at night' bullshit. Larry turned around to Y/n and Nicky. 

"Dad..." Nicky said, "I thought you said you weren't fired." He began to have a sad-puppy expression appear on his face. 

"I did, Nicky. They're lying. They're trying to steal that thing." Larry said. "Nicky, he's not lying. Don't trust those guys." Y/n said. "Just turn the middle piece. You'll see what I was talking about." Larry commanded from Nicky.

"That is museum property, son. Now give it back." Cecil demanded, pointing at Nicky. "Nicky, trust me. Just turn it." Larry said. "Give us the tablet!" Gus shouted. "Nicky..." Larry said, "Trust me." 

Nicky Looked at Larry, then at Y/n. he took a deep breath and turned the middle piece of the tablet. It started glowing bright gold. Nicky was mesmerized. Larry then turned back around to the old watchmen. Their joints creaked as they stretched, but were interrupted by a mammoth trumpet. Everyone turned their heads to where the sound came from. The watchmen turned back around. "Nick, Y/n, run. Now." Larry said. Nicky ran off. "Get back here, kid!" Gus said, attempting to grab Nicky. Larry then grabbed Gus and was then grabbed by Cecil, who was grabbed by Y/n who didn't run. Y/n couldn't stop Cecil, and he threw larry across the room onto the ground.

"Dad!!" Y/n shouted. They ran up to Larry. "Y/n, run!!" He turned around and shouted. Y/n 'ran off'. Well, they didn't, all they did was hide under the security room desk.

"Bad idea, Larry." Cecil grinned. Larry then got up. "You wanna dance hot dog? You wanna dance?!" Gus shouted. 

"Look, Gus, you're an old man, I don't wanna hurt- Ohh! OW!" Larry said, getting punched by Gus. Gus then punched him again. "Ah!!" Larry exclaimed. He felt his face to see he got cut. "You see, Larry, a few years into the job..." Cecil said, "The three of us realized that, like everything else in this museum, we got new life at night. From sundown to sunrise, we felt young again." He smirked. he then jumped in the air and roundhouse-kicked larry in the chest, causing him to fall on the floor. Y/n had an unpleasant expression on their face. it looked like they just visibly cringed at that action. Larry groaned in pain. "Okay. I did not see that coming," he grunted. "'Gave us an energy boost." Reginald smiled, turning his cane.