Battle of the Smithsonian, part 6: Followed

(ok so I decided there's gonna be too many parts if I'm writing the scenes that Larry and Y/n aren't in along with the ones they are in, so yeah sorry not sorry)

Larry Y/n and Amelia speed walked around the Smithsonian.

"You two are quite the popular fellows, Daleys, why don't you just skidaddle?" Amelia commented. "Look, we can't just 'skidaddle'. Our friends are held hostage down there." Y/n said impatiently. The three kept walking until Larry got hit with a snowball. He turned to his left to see a famous painting of people in a snowy park. "Wow..." He said. The people in the painting were laughing and giggling. "This is out of the ordinary, even for us" Y/n said, smiling, interested in the painting. Then suddenly, the people in the painting started screaming and running away. "Hey, it's all right, I don't wanna hurt you." Larry said, still amazed.

"I don't think it's you they're afraid of, Mr. Daley" Amelia said. Y/n and Larry turned around to see the Egyptians from earlier. The Egyptians cornered the three into two pictures: American Gothic, and a picture taken after the war in 1945.

"Trade? Thanks!" Larry said, swapping the American Gothic's spear for the tablet. The couple in the painting looked disgusted and confused. Larry was about to throw the spear when Amelia took it.

"Never send a boy to do a woman's job" Amelia said. "Boy, girl, it doesn't matter right now! All we need is to get out of here!" Y/n hollered. "Oh, please! I've got this! I spent two weeks spear-hunting with a tribe in Micronesia!" Amelia responded. She threw the spear only for it to be caught.

"...The Micronesians had much slower reflexes"

The Egyptians were about to spear the three.

Larry grabbed the tablet, and wedged it between his arm and torso so he could grab Amelia and Y/n. "Come on!" he said, pushing them along with himself into the after-war picture. Everything was in black-and-white as cheering and big band music played. Multiple men were cheering "It's over! It's over!".

"Well, this is one humdinger of a hootenanny!" Amelia commented. The three turned around to see the Egyptians about to leap into the photo, and they ran. Larry got out his phone. "Wow, full bars in 1945," Larry said. "Wait, seriously??" Y/n asked, "How?" "I dunno. I'm gonna call Nick." Larry answered, dialing Nicky on his phone. "Hello?"

"Dad! finally! I've been studying these planes to the Archives. So once you get past the stairwell-" Nicky said. "We're way past the stairwell, Nicky" Larry said. "So you found everyone?" Nicky asked. "Well, sort of." Larry said worriedly. Amelia looked at Larry and Y/n. "What is that flibbety-widget you are talking to?" She asked. "Who's that?" Nicky asked. "It's Amelia Earhart."

"You found Amelia Earhart?!"

Amelia then walked away with some dude.

"Hey!" Y/n said, attempting to follow her. "Y/n, you get back here!" Larry hollered, following Y/n. The two bumped into a young adult man.

"Woah, woah, woah, buddies! what's your hurry? Didn't you guys heard the war is over!" He said. "Sorry, it's just, these guys are chasing us!" Larry apologized. The man looked over st the Egyptians. "What am I looking at, Mardi Gras?" He said. He then turned to Larry and Y/n. "What unit are you from??" "We're from Brooklyn." Y/n said. "What?! Are you serious?! I'm from Flatbush!! Hey, fellas!" The man hollered over to his friends, "These so-and-so's here are trying to rough up my pals here just because they're from Brooklyn!" "Thank you!" Larry yelled, and he and Y/n ran off.

Y/n felt like they were forgetting something.

"Aw, no!! I must've dropped my phone when we bumped into that guy!" Y/n said. "Nicky, I gotta go." Larry said, hanging up, "We have more things to worry about than that. I'll just buy you a new phone, don't worry." He said to Y/n. Y/n sighed, disappointed in themself, and continued running with Larry.

"'Ey, (Buddy/Miss!) You forgot your... What the heck is this thing?" The man said.

"Y/n, run!" Larry said. Y/n ran, but Amelia grabbed them by their jacket collar. "Hey, 'scuse me!" Larry pushed the man and woman kissing from before apart and kissed the lady. Amelia and Y/n walked up. "Any time you're done, Mr. Daley," Amelia said. The three then jumped out. "Call me!" the lady said, walking away.

"Well, you're quite the smooth operator, aren't you, Mr. Daley?" Amelia said. "Quick!" Larry said, ignoring the comment. The three turned the photo around before the Egyptians could get out. "I can't believe that actually worked" Y/n sighed. "So what's next?" Amelia smiled, looking at Y/n, then Larry.

"Look, it's nothing personal, but we're kind of in the middle of something here that's really not your flight" Larry said. "It's because I'm a woman, isn't it?" Amelia asked angrily. "No, it's because there's an evil Pharoah from 1000 BC chasing after us and is probably willing to kill anyone around us for this tablet" Y/n said, annoyed. "So it is because I'm a woman!" Amelia said. Larry looked at her.

"Look-"

"No, you look, Mr. Daley! If it weren't for me, you and (Mr./Ms.) Y/n would still be lost in that monochromatic mayhem!"

"Lost in wha-"

"Black and white photo, you boob!!" Amelia turned Larry around so he would face her. Y/n stepped back behind Amelia. "Now listen, and listen good! I can help you. I want to help you, and not because I like you which so far I don't, but because I smell adventure and damnit, I want in." Amelia sighed. Larry side-eyed to Y/n, who shrugged. Larry looked back at Amelia and nodded. "Okay, but don't blame me if something happens to you." Larry said, grabbing Y/n by the wrist as a sign to start walking. Y/n took the signal and started walking.

"I should be so lucky" Amelia smiled.

(BONUS FOR MAH FEMALE READERS)

"Look, it's nothing personal, but we're kind of in the middle of something here that's really not your flight" Larry said. "It's because I'm a woman, isn't it?" Amelia asked angrily.

"...bruh." Y/n said, "Do you- do you see me? you see what my gender is?" Amelia starred at Y/n after she made this comment. She then starred back down to the ground.

"So it is because I'm a woman!"

Y/n groaned. "NO!" She said, annoyed. "Oh," Amelia said, now realizing her last comment wasn't necessary.