Battle of the Smithsonian, part 7: Could This Get Worse?

"We'll get you back on your chums, Mr. Daley, you won't get lost following Amelia Earhart!" Amelia said. Y/n didn't have the heart to tell her that she's partially famous for getting lost. French soldiers started talking, and the three got down behind a large water fountain. Y/n on Larry's left, and Amelia on Larry's right. Larry had his hand on Amelia's back.

"Well, I quite like the way you're holding me, Mr. Daley," Amelia said smugly. Y/n's head slowly turned, as Larry took his hand off her and muttered "No, sorry, I wasn't trying to..."

"Oh, please, stop beating your gums, Mr. Daley, you haven't been able to take your cheaters off my chassis since the moment we met." Amelia said, smirking. "...I literally didn't understand a word of that." Larry said. "She's saying you've been-" Y/n said, getting cut off by harp music. "...Where's that coming from?" Y/n looked up. Larry and Amelia did the same. there were 3 angels that sounded like the Jonas brothers singing "more than a woman" by Bee Gees.

"You! Little flying things! Quiet!" Larry said. "They're cupids, Mr. Daley. Gods of love." Amelia said. "Great. Gods of love, would you shut up?" Larry asked, "Please shut up. We're trying to hide." The cupids then changed the arrangement, and started rapping the same song.

"No, don't change the arrangement! Well- It's not about the arrangement! Quiet! shh!" Larry tried to hush the cupids. "we're in deep shit now" Y/n muttered. The French guards got curious and started following the cupids, giving the three time to escape. They then ran straight into 2 other French guards, followed by 4 more, and Napoleon Bonaparte.

"And so, the tiny little man who could not be a smaller or shorter mouse, RUNS into the claws of the giant cat!" Napoleon snarled to Larry, mimicking a cat. Y/n visibly cringed.

"Wow, you're really hung up on the height, aren't you?" Larry asked.

"No, it's not about the height, see..."

"Yes, you are. You're saying I'm a little mouse, you're a giant cat."

"I am the giant cat" *insert hissing sounds*. Y/n cringed again, and Napoleon looked at them.

"What, do you have a problem?" Napoleon snarled.

"...No." Y/n lied.

"No offense, just... You're Napoleon. There's a complex named after you. You're famous for being little, and it's true..."

"Oh, you naive American man-boy."

"Uh, dad, he was actually your height when he was alive." Y/n said awkwardly. Larry turned to Y/n and gave them a look.

"Well that makes one American who's not a total idiot" Napoleon rolled his eyes.

Larry turned back around to Napoleon. "Look, neither of us are gonna be jamming anytime soon, right? So, it's not like we should... It's not even an issue." He said. Napoleon started speaking French. "It's not about the height or something else, It's a plan. It's a brilliant plan." He said in English, pointing to his brain. "So it was a plan." Larry said.

"Snazzy maneuver, Emperor." Amelia said. Napoleon walked over to her. "Merci, mademoiselle." Napoleon smiled at her, "Now if your... boyfriend... would kindly come with me..."

"Oh, I'm not her boyfriend." Larry specified. Amelia looked at him and didn't respond for a second, before saying "No." "...Just friends?" Napoleon asked. "Yep." Y/n quietly commented. "Yeah, friends." Larry added. Napoleon the creepily slid up to Larry.

"Were you guys, like, friends in college and just afraid now to both ruin your relationship by telling the other person that you want to be more than friends, that you like-like each other?"