Part 6: Something's off...

Nicky, Y/n, and Larry were walking to the Museum of Natural History. 

"Alright, Nicky, Y/n, listen. You're gonna hang out in the security office 'til everyone's gone." Larry said. "Got it," Y/n responded. Larry had shown the two where the security room is and left. Y/n noticed that Nicky still seemed upset from earlier. A few minutes later, Y/n spoke up.

"Nicky, I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed tonight," Y/n promised. "Yeah, okay," Nicky said, upset. Y/n sighed and looked at the time on the clock in the room. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go see if everyone's left or not." Y/n said. "Okay. see ya." Nicky smiled. Y/n could tell that it was fake, but they could never call him out for it. 

Y/n left the room and saw Larry talking to someone in a red outfit, seeing their side profiles. 

"Okay." The lady said. "No, I mean like insanely crazy," Larry warned. "What's going on?" Y/n thought to themself. "I can handle it." The lady smiled. "Okay. You know how they say in certain museums history comes alive?" Larry asked. Y/n almost gasped, but they covered their mouth in time. "Ooooh shit, she's so gonna consider him crazy," Y/n thought. 

"In this museum..." Larry started, "It actually does." Y/n mentally slapped their forehead, since they couldn't do it physically without making noise. The lady paused. "What are you talking about?" she whispered. Larry paused. 

"Everything in this museum comes to life at night," Larry responded. The lady looked around, trying to not seem off. "Really?" she asked. "Yeah, really. I'm not kidding you. You know the tablet- the tablet of Ahkmenrah?" Larry asked. 

"Mm-hmm?"

"It actually brings things to life. It's like some ancient spell, since the fifties, when it came here, every night everything's been coming to life. I know this because Teddy Roosevelt told me. Seriously! The monkey, Dexter? What is he like- like an uh-"

"capuchin." 

"A capuchin, right? Capuchin. He urinated on me and bit my nose." Larry then put his arms out in front of him, and put them out, like a wiping motion while licking his lips. 

"And Sacagawea is in her case! Alive, every night! Just listening to Lewis and Clark argue! So if you really wanna get inside her head..." he started. "I can hook that up." he finished, whispering.

The lady paused.

"That's cool."

"Yeah, it's cool! It's freakin' awesome!" Larry said, like a little kid. it made Y/n happy to see Larry happy after being in a bad mood the night before. 

"...Make fun of the history geek." The lady said, turning around. 

"Nice going, dad!" Y/n finally said something. Larry turned and saw Y/n. "Y/n! You were supposed to stay with Nicky!" he said. Y/n just started speed-walking to the exit, where the lady was going. 

"Rebecca, wait!" Larry said, following Y/n. "Miss, please wait a moment!" Y/n said. 

"Good night, Larry." Rebecca said, walking away, not turning back. "No, I'm not trying to make fun of you, Rebecca!" but it was too late. She left. Larry looked at Y/n. "You're lucky I'm not mad at you," Larry said. "Well, I'd rather you be mad at me than Nicky be disappointed in you." Y/n sighed, slightly shrugging. "Well, speaking of Nicky, we better get him," Larry said. "Let's go." he put his arm around Y/n's shoulder and neck area. 

~~~~~~~a few minutes later~~~~~~

"Alright, there you go. Best seat in the house." Larry smiled. Y/n couldn't help but smile at Larry's efforts. 

"What's going on?" Nicky asked. "If I told you, you'd think I'm crazy, and you'd think I'm lying if Y/n said I wasn't, so I'm just gonna show you," Larry said. "What?" Nicky asked. "You'll see in about 20 seconds," Larry said, looking at his watch. "Okay, you like tyrannosaurus rex?" Larry asked. "Yeah," Nicky answered. "Well, Y/n and I like to call him Rexy. And he's about to come to life, Nicholas." Larry said, looking back at his watch. "In... five, four, three, two," he counted, walking to Rexy. Then, at one, he got down on one knee and pointed at him with both hands.

...

nothing happened...

"Dad?" Nicky said. 

"Hang on a sec." Larry said, "Say hello to... Rexy!" He pointed at the dinosaur again, but nothing happened.

"Dad, are you okay?" Nicky asked. "He's fine, Nicky," Y/n said, their eyebrows furrowing at this odd action. "This is weird..." Larry muttered. "Guys? Come on! Sundown!" He then ran up to Teddy.

"Hey, T.R. Come on. Rise and shine, buddy. I need you to wake up." Larry whispered, "C'mon my kid is here, I need you to wake up. Texas?" he then started slapping Texas. "Texas, Come on! Texas, Come on! Get on, Texas! Whoo! Get on, Texas! Giddap!"

"Just stop, okay?" Nicky asked, getting off the help desk.

"No. Nicky, I'm telling you. There's this tablet, okay? It's called the tablet of Ahkmenrah, and every night at sundown-" Larry explained. "Now there's a tablet, too?" Nicky asked, cutting larry off. "He's not lying, Nicky. Something's not right here." Y/n answered. Nicky then turned to Y/n. "Come on, Y/n," Nicky said, disappointed. "He's not lying, Nick." Y/n sighed. They then looked up at Larry. "Dad, we need to check and see if the tablet is there." Larry's eyes widened. 

"Let's go. C'mon." Larry said, hurrying the two.