Chapter 1: Childhood Friends

Third Person's POV:

Minji and Haerin grew up in the same neighborhood and had known each other since they were toddlers. They were inseparable, spending most of their days playing together in the park or at each other's houses.

Minji came from a wealthy family, the Shin family, who owned several businesses and had a lot of influence in the city. Haerin, on the other hand, was from the Hwang family, who were known for their political power and connections. Despite their families' prominent status, Minji and Haerin never saw each other as different from one another.

However, things changed when Haerin was bullied in the 5th grade. Some of her classmates made fun of her for being from a wealthy family and for always wearing expensive clothes. Haerin was devastated and didn't know how to deal with the situation. She started to distance herself from Minji, afraid that her friend would be bullied too if they continued to hang out together.

Minji, on the other hand, couldn't understand why Haerin was suddenly avoiding her. She tried to reach out to her friend, but Haerin was too ashamed to tell her what was going on. So, they drifted apart, and their once close friendship was never the same.

Years passed, and Haerin's family moved away to another city, and they lost touch. But fate had other plans for them. When they were both 13 years old, they happened to run into each other at a summer camp. They were both surprised and happy to see each other again, and it felt like no time had passed at all.

As they spent more time together at the camp, Minji and Haerin realized that they had developed feelings for each other. They started to spend all their free time together, going on walks, talking for hours, and laughing like they used to when they were kids.

After a month of courting, they finally became girlfriends, and they were both over the moon. They couldn't believe that they had found each other again after all these years and that they were in love. It felt like a fairytale came true.

Little did they know that their families' influential status would soon become a hurdle in their relationship. But for now, all they knew was that they were in love and that they were going to enjoy every moment they had together.

Also, that's what they thought because Jungwon, Minji's cousin, knew a secret about Minji, that even Haerin, Minji's girlfriend knows nothing about.

****

A/N:

Sorry for the chapter delay. Feel free to comment your thoughts and feelings on the chapter.