Chapter 24: The Shocking Truth

Third Person's POV:

Minji sat in her room, staring at the documents that her mother had just given her. She couldn't believe what she was reading. According to the papers, she was already engaged to someone else when she was a child, and it wasn't with Haerin, her wife of 10 months. The person was Han Shinyoung, a girl from the prominent Han family, the 10th most powerful and wealthy family in South Korea.

Minji's mind raced as she tried to process the information. She was born intersex and had always felt different, but she never imagined that her family had arranged a marriage for her when she was just a child. She had grown up believing that she would marry Haerin, her childhood friend and the love of her life.

Haerin walked into the room and saw Minji's distressed face. "What's wrong?" she asked, rushing to her side.

Minji handed her the papers and watched as her wife read through them, her expression changing from confusion to shock. "This can't be real," Haerin said, looking up at Minji.

"I know," Minji replied, tears streaming down her face. "I had no idea."

Haerin pulled Minji into a tight embrace, holding her close as she cried. "We'll figure this out," she said softly. "I won't let anything come between us."

Minji took a deep breath and wiped her tears away. "Thank you," she whispered, feeling grateful for Haerin's support.

They decided to talk to Minji's parents about the situation, hoping to find a way out of the engagement. They knew it wouldn't be easy, given the power and influence of the Han family, but they were determined to fight for their love.

Shin Danbi, Minji's Dada and the current head of the Shin family, was shocked and devastated about the news. She had no idea that the engagement agreement still existed and felt guilty for not telling Minji earlier. Shin Chaeyoung, Minji's mom and the wife of Danbi, felt the same way.

They immediately called a meeting with the Han family to discuss the situation. Han Dokyeom, the current head of the Han family, and his wife Han Yoobin, were not pleased with the news. They had been waiting for the engagement to happen and were furious that it had not yet occurred.

The two families argued back and forth, but Minji and Haerin stood their ground. They refused to let their love be dictated by a pre-arranged engagement, and in the end, the Han family agreed to dissolve the agreement.

Minji and Haerin felt relieved and grateful for the outcome. They knew that they would face more challenges in the future, but they were determined to face them together, with love and strength.

***
A/N: Short update. Feel free to vote and comment on the chapter.