Chapter 13: Someone's return

Third Person's POV:

As the captain of both the university's basketball and dance team, Minji had a lot on her plate. She spent most of her days practicing with her teams, trying to lead them to victory in their upcoming competitions. On top of she had to keep up with her studies and spend her free time at the Student Council room.

Haerin, Minji's girlfriend of almost six years, had recently recovered a week ago from her sickness. It was a relief for Minji to see her girlfriend healthy and back to her usual self. However, Minji's happiness was short-lived as someone from their past came back to South Korea after 8 years.

Nakamoto Riki, or Ni-ki, was one of their former classmates from grade 5 who bullied Haerin. Ni-ki had a crush on Haerin, and his way of showing it was through bullying her. After grade 5, Ni-ki moved to Japan with his family, and they lost touch with him.

Now, Ni-ki was back in South Korea and enrolled in the same university as Minji and Haerin. He was taking up the same course as Minji, which was Business Management. Ni-ki tried out for the basketball and dance team, and to Minji's surpise, he made it to both teams.

When Minji's older siblings, Ryujin and Beomgyu, visited her at the university, they where shocked to see Ni-ki there. They remembered him as the boy who used to bully Haerin, and they didn't like the idea of him being around their younger sister.

Minji, on the other hand, was struggling with her jealousy towards Ni-ki's closeness with her girlfriend, Haerin. She tried to herself busy by spending most of her free time in the Student Council room with Dani, the Student Council president, and her cousin, Jungwon, the vice president.

As she spent more time with Dani, Minji realized that she was developing a little crush on her. She was confused with her feelings, but she knew that Haerin was the love of her life. The jealousy towards Ni-ki was just a passing feeling, and she didn't want to jeopardize her relationship with Haerin.

Meanwhile, Ni-ki was trying to make amends for his past actions towards Haerin. He approached her and apologized for what he did in grade 5. Haerin was hesitant at first, but eventually forgave him, and they became friends.

Despite her initial reservations about Ni-ki, Minji started to see him in a new light. She realized that he had changed and was genuinely trying to make amends for his past mistakes. She started to see him as a teammate and a friend.

As the competitions for both the basketball and dance team approached, Minji knew that she had to focus on leading her teams to victory. She had to put her feelings aside and work together with Ni-ki and the rest of her teammates.

In the end, both the basketball and dance team emerged victorious in their competitions. Minji was proud of her teams and herself for being able to balance her responsibilities as a captain and a student. She knew she had the support of her girlfriend, Haerin, and her new found friend, Ni-ki.

*_*_**_*_*_*

A/N: Short update. Feel free to vote and comment in the story. You can comment your ideas too.