My little blue nerd (PxR) pt1

Y/n pov

A new day at my new high school. I'm not looking forward to having to brave the public education system on my own. As I stand here on this dry grass, in front of a building made sometime in the late 70s I try to think of a few words to set the memory in my head. The memory of "y/n first day of the senior year" but I got nothing.

Oh well.

The crunch of the dry grass on my scoffed-up old sneakers fades into the sound of a few other dozen kids approaching the school doors. I can hear them chatting amongst themselves as I cross onto the concrete path to the front doors. I see a bunch of different kinds of kids but they all mingle about themselves. Groups made up of small down clicks. the one I see first is a few theater nerds, an art kid, and a piano player. I found out that social groups can't be so niche at smaller schools like this. The theater kids have to make nice with the art kids if they ever want enough players for dnd. As far as the piano kid goes, he's just an outcast of the music kids adopted by the group through his cooler older brother.

"Stop it!" I hear a kid cry around the corner of the school. It was so faint I could just hear it but to be sure I stand still for a moment to see if I hear it again. "I told you I don't have it!" I hear the voice again but it shakes in fright.

I slowly begin walking toward the sound. I can hear more voices as I do.

"You better not be lying to me!" Someone says through gritted teeth.

"I promise! Please!" I hear the first voice plead.

When I peered around the corner I see a tall guy in black pants holding a kid with glasses up by his shirt. The tall guy's black hair obscures his face but I see the nerd's face perfectly well. His eyes are filled with fear as the bully snarls at him.
I had many options, walk away, I could do that, and try not to stir up trouble on my first day. That poor kid would be made into a mud puddle.

Interfere, I've fought tougher bullies, this beanstalk doesn't look that tough. It could cause a principal trip on the first day.

"Ah!" A scream shakes me from my thoughts. The bully has thrown the kid down onto the crispy grass, scathing his elbow. "Please leave me alone.." He sniffles, his blue eyes peering up at the villain.

"Awe are you going to cry? Come on cry you little bitch."

...

That's it.

"What's going on?" I approach the hostile situation acting clueless.

"None of your business." A large hand flashes a middle finger tipped with black nail polish. It's at this point I get a good look at this guy's emo atheistic. One of those. Every school has one of those.

I look at the blue-eyed kid on the ground Wiping his tears onto the sleeve of his shirt. Black sleeves with a blue t-shirt over it.

"Are you okay?" I ask him and he looks up screaming from behind his eyes.

"I said it wasn't any of your damn business new kid, no scram or you're next." The emo kid turned towards me completely with his teeth clenched.

I looked for answers anywhere in sight on how to get out of this one. I peered over to the kid on the ground regaining himself. He stood up slowly as I eyed him.

From where I was standing I could still see around the corner of the building. To my right I see a teacher coming.

I had a plan.

"Why did you dye your hair black? It looks stupid." I put my hand on my hip trying to dramatize my teasing.

"Excuse me new freak?!" This cliche growled at me.