Where he got the idea

Peter sat down at the bar with a heavy heart and an irrated mood. He rudely asked the bar tender for a rootbeer and rum, his usual drink at the time. He thought deeply about the girl he had fallen in love with so suddenly and it brought a smile to his grey cheeks before he fell back into the reason he was frustrated in the first place.

"She just never notices me"

He mumbled to himself finishing his drink. Then he ordered a second and a third and by the time he was on his fourth he was way more then just a buzz, he was almost completely drunk. Because he was obviously almost drunk he did what he always does after he's had more than a drink or two. He began to mumble out loud his thoughts his frustration.

As he does a stranger sat next to him ordering a drink himself. Peter ignored the strangers presence but the stranger could hear all that he said.

"Then I try to talk to you and I'm a coward who just can't.."

Peter continues to mumble. The stranger turned to him with a concerned look.

"You okay?"

Peter rolls his eyes.

"Girl troubles?"

The stranger continues to try and make conversation but Peter is quite anti social. Although he is usually, he's a bit drunk and spilling his guts for all the bar to see anyways. He thought he might as well speak to the tall man then he wouldn't look creepy doing it.

"Fine, yes, girl problems"

The stranger tappe his finger on the glass of his beer mug before taking a long sip as to process the information.

"Whats this problem then?"

He asks proding around for more details to finish his analysis of peter situation.

"There's a girl I like.. no love but she doesn't know I exist. I'm there all the time, everywhere she goes I can't help but follow her. Yet even though I'm always hanging around her work, at the grocery store when she is, in the park when she is she never notices. I can't go up to talk to her either. I'm a mess she would never go for a guy like me.."

The strange nods his head taking yet another slow sip of his drink. He takes a breath as he gets an idea to solve Peter's situation

"Maybe it's a good thing she won't notice."

He smiled slightly. Peter scoffed at the ridiculous idea of being ignored by the love of his life as  good thing

"And how is that helpful"

The stranger let out a chuckle

"Well you see, I'm  hopeless romantic myself. I've often got rejected but I've found a method to make the girls I love stay."

Peter sat a bit forward now invested in this man's solution. He put his drink down and his eyes were locked on to hi for an answer.

"Go on"

The stranger followed Peter's lead resting his glass on the table and leaning forward. He spoke in a hushed voice

"You see.. women don't know what they like. They say they want a nice guy, a good guy but then they walk off with an asshole or something of the sort. You and I are to romantic to even pretend to be like those toxic men so we have to play in a field of our own"

Peter nods

"How does help me?"

The man whispers now.

"A large romantic gesture of course but one many would call crazy. But when you're crazy for the women of your dreams what else can you do? A long play. You find out all about them, how they walk, how they breath, where they work."

Peter raised an eye row

"Isn't that stalking?"

The stranger rubbed his chin in thought

"Well yes I suppose it is but if it's for love it makes sense doesn't it? In the end you'll end up together happy"

Peter looked at him in agreement as the stranger continued to explain.

"So you see after you know them so perfectly well you can convince them of your love. You prove it to them no matter the cost, it's the cost of love. Even if they don't agree with your methods in the end they'll understand right? We're the good guys, the ones they always ask for and we have to make them see it!"

Peter sits back up hearing the explanation. He picks his glass up and gazes down at the few sips left. His twirls the liquid as he takes in the advice. The more he mules over it, the more it makes sense to him. He remembered his therapist saying something similar to him in his last session.

"I guess you're right. I do love her with everything I am. I would do anything for her love."

The man smiles glad he had helped.

"Fantastic"

He checks his watch and sees its almost 7

"Shoot I have to be off now, I have a date tonight."

The stranger pulls out a 20$ bill and leaves it with the check. He put his coat on and prepared to be off.

"Oh before I go, I never introduced myself"

He offered his hand

"I'm Damon by the way"

Peter tilted his head in acknowledgment

"Peter"

He shakes Damon's hand

"I'll be off now. If you ever want more advice to talk you can find me at the flower shop down town. I run the place. Good luck with your girl"

Peter had a grateful smile as Damon left the bar.

He sat and finished his drink, paying his tab. It was time for him to go home and start plotting.

Let the games begin.

Peter insists as the man puts down his drink and leans a bit closer to pwter