[ 017 ] HER RULING

chapter seventeen
act iii dark world

                                                 ON PRESENT DAY ASGARD LOKI; being walked by about a dozen guards as he had chains shaking his hands

ON PRESENT DAY ASGARD LOKI; being walked by about a dozen guards as he had chains shaking his hands. Frigga stood holding onto her own hands, fiddling with them.

"Loki." Frigga called.

Cheekily the man turned to Frigga, "Hello mother." He greeted, "Have I made you proud?"

Frigga looks at her 'son' with disappointment painted on each end of her face. "Please, don't make this worse." She fiddled with her fingers, nervously not knowing what would happen with Loki.

"Define worse?" He looked to the side glancing over at his mother.

Sitting ahead on the throne steps away from where Loki was standing. Odin looked among his wife talking to Loki, in disapproval before. "enough!" He shouted grabbing the two's attention. "I will speak to the prisoner alone"

Frigga exits the throne room. Loki steps forward, dramatically sitting his heels together with his head high before the man laughs. "I really don't see what all the fuss is about?" He questioned furrowing his eyebrows and looking at the god above.

With no emotion in his voice, fairly done with the things Loki had done that the older god had to clean up. "Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes?" Odin asked just for Loki to stay silent with a charming smirk on his face. "Where ever you go there is war, ruin and death."

Defending himself, "I went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent God." Tilting a little his head to prove an even bigger point, "Just like you."

"We are not Gods." The wiser man said, "We are born, live, and die. Just as humans do."

"Give or take 5,000 years" He pursed a sarcastic smile.

"All this because Loki desired... a throne."

Angered by this; "It is my birthright!" Loki hissed back.

"Your birthright ... was to die!" Odin shouted, towards Loki; the cold man's face fell looking up at the god. Thoughts were running through his head, not knowing why he would say that to someone who killed multiple people so far. "As a child."

Loki obviously tried not to show any emotion looking at the god, as if he was unfazed about what was being said about him. When it was the total opposite. "Cast out onto a frozen rock; If I had not taken you in you would not be here now to hate me."

Raising his eyebrows as he talked, he walked forward not caring about the chains as the two guards held him in place. "If I'm for the axe then for Mercy's sake, just swing it. It's not that I don't love our little talks it's just... I don't love them."

"Frigga is the only reason you're still alive, and you'll never see her again." Loki seemed genuinely affected by those words for once going silent. "You'll spend the rest of your days in the dungeon."