[ 042 ] CHANGING FOR THE BETTER

chapter forty-two
act iv ragnorak

                                                               BANNER, THOR, Y/N AND VALKYRIE; are all unconscious

                                                               BANNER, THOR, Y/N AND VALKYRIE; are all unconscious. Y/n felt herself regain consciousness, opening her eyes and tilting her head upright, so her neck didn't hurt looking into the darkness to see stars beautifully reflected in the windshield. 

Looking up at the beautiful sky, one star sparkled more than the right of them, causing her to crease her eyebrows with a small pout; remembering why she was there. What Hela had done to her. 

Thor, Bruce and Valkyrie wake up just in time taking everything in. Outside they see the realm of Asgard, a flat city in the middle of an island floating in space.

Y/n's smile turned quickly into a frown, seeing smoke fuming from areas of the land; the castle still sitting tall and golden, with smoke around it. Thor had the same expression turning and seeing Y/n. 

Valkyrie looked at the castle almost amazed, "I never thought I'd be back here." The ship descends into the clouds above Asgard.

"I thought it'd be nicer." Panicking he looked between, Y/n and Thor. " I mean, not that it's not nice. It's just, it's on fire." 

The ship clears from the clouds revealing Asgard's once beautiful on fire and ruins. A devastating ghost town almost, flashbacks ran through Y/n's mind of her once homeland. She felt as if everywhere she went there was the carry of a ghost town. 

Fire, Wrecked buildings, dead soldiers. But through none of them did she wind up seeing Aramound; giving her at least some hope in this hopeless place. 

"Here, up here in the mountains." A projected map on the console shows the mountain where the stronghold is located. There is a red dot in the mountain, indicating where the Asgardian citizens are. "Heat signatures. People clustered together. Hela's coming for them." 

Looking down at the channelling, "Okay, drop me off at the palace and I'll draw her away." 

Creased eyebrows, Valkyrie turned looking over at Thor not believing what he was trying to say. "And get yourself killed?" 

She didn't want to hear that, after the thought of Loki staying behind along with losing Marceline, everything in her took not to attack the palace in revenge for her closest friend. It went against who she was as a person. 

"Enough," Y/n silenced Valkyrie, lifting her head. "We need someone to distract Hela, I am not here to make friends or peace with her, or see Asgard just turn into another ash-ridden place; I live," 

Thor nodded understanding what Y/n was trying to say to Valkyrie, "Y/n's right, people trapped down there are all that matters. While I'm dealing with Hela, I need you two to help get everyone off Asgard."