[ 038 ] WITHERING HURT

chapter thirty-seven
act iv ragnorak

                                           THERE WAS NO WAY FOR COMMUNICATION TO ASGARD; Y/n just wanted to check in on how her people were holding up

                                           THERE WAS NO WAY FOR COMMUNICATION TO ASGARD; Y/n just wanted to check in on how her people were holding up. She stood on the balcony waiting for something, but it wasn't the best smell in the world going through her nose. 

"The big guy wants to see you" A woman's voice echoed through; Y/n's ears. She was wearing full black, with patted shoulders, and black tights under her dress, her hair was the same as last time really missing Marceline at the moment. 

Turning her head she saw Valkyrie standing there, in the same uniform that she wore every day. "Which one?" Y/n questioned head high turning and looking at the woman holding a beer. 

She didn't question how Valkyrie had gotten into her housing quarters, but frankly, she didn't want to. "Both" She pointed out downing her drink in front of Y/n. 

Y/n turned her head taking the beer bottle from the hands of Valkyrie causing the tan-skinned woman to glare over at her. "You can't do that," 

"I will not try and conversate with a drunk again," Y/n demanded putting the beer in front of her on the edge of the balcony. Her hand rested against the cobblestone, "People thought Valkyrie was gone forever, yet here you are," 

Glancing down at the marking on her forearm, which she noticed when Valkyrie tried to grab her beer from Y/n's hands. "You talked to the big guys?" Valkyrie sighed, standing beside' Y/n looking out at the skylight of Skeer; it wasn't beautiful but there was something in it with the colourful buildings all around. 

"It's on my arm," Y/n reminded the woman. 

The wind blew in both of their hair, "You're not married to Loki? Aren't you?" 

"You talked to the big guy" Y/n backtracked with a small smile resting on the corner of her lips. 

The two had many things in connection with each other, they were one of the only two Valkyrie left in the world, almost in the universe. Along with Both of them not wanting to talk about the things that they had been through. 

"He loves talking" Valkyrie noted, rolling her eyes. 

Y/n couldn't help but chuckle a little knowing that she was talking about Loki. "We all enjoy what we wind up being good at," Y/n snarkily called. 

There was a comfortable silence between the two of them, neither of them saying anything and just listening to the celebration on the streets along with talking; and the smell of garbage around in the air. 

But it quickly became uncomfortable in Y/n's eyes, "I didn't come here to talk," Valkyrie suddenly grabbed her beer again chugging it and walking away, denying that comfortable feeling she had standing next to Y/n.