rant 14

bro for fucks sake please stop trauma dumping in comment sections for no reason. nobody gives a shit, okay? like there's no better way to put it. some people may be open to hearing your troubles, which is fine. but, other people, like me, don't give a fuck and just wanna read a damn book and joke around. you need consent to vent, okay? no means no. i don't care how heartless i sound. got problems? talk to someone if you can. if you don't, it still doesn't make it okay to start writing full on paragraphs nobody wants to hear. create a vent book, bc ppl will sympathize and relate with you there. do you know how an author feels when they see that on their profile? majority write books for fun, positivity, or as a way to interact with others. ive seen so many authors comment on this issue. none of the responses have been positive. just, don't. joking about your trauma can be a way of coping for ppl, and i do it too sometimes, but only vaguely. like i dont write a detailed, harvard worthy, essay and then end it off with "lmaoooo." please, im not asking you to bottle it up. write it in your notes, make a vent book, as i said a few sentences prior, or reach out to people who are actually willing to listen. im not invalidating your struggles, but please don't act like you're the only person who has ups and downs in life.

something I'd like to address too is when ppl use their trauma to win an argument. this is especially common on tt

"my (loved one) died yesterday and then i wake up to this."

honestly if you do that shit you're so insensitive and inhumane it actually makes me fucking sick. if im losing an argument, yeah ofc im stubborn. im okay admitting that im not the bigger person.

but, that's besides the point. even when im losing an argument, never will i stoop down low enough to announce my fucking trauma like it's a damn flex. have i gone through some tough shit? yeah, we all have.  will i bring it up in front of people who aren't associated nor even remotely close to being apart of it? no, of course not.

guilt tripping isn't hot. you're not cool for it. people won't stan you for it. doing so won't make you popular or give you the 15 mins of fame you so desperately strive for.

inducing guilt in others isn't a likeable trait, if you didn't know beforehand. if your inferiority complex is actually interfering with your way of thinking and communicating with others, then you should really get that checked.

fed up with social media