Lancers vs Academia 3: The Tenacity of the Samurai & the King

Academia Survival Arena

"That's a wrap! Thank you for watching, everyone!"

Yuya bowed to the Academia students observing the Survival Duel between him and Battle Beast with a smile as they clapped. Following Sanders's defeat and subsequent escape, Battle Beast had turned completely feral in its increasingly desperate attempts to take down Yuya. However, thanks to a clever strategy by using Vortex and Hope, Yuya was able to not only take down Battle Beast, but convince him to let go his fear towards Mizael and Dueling while also showing the true meaning of Dueling to the audience.

After he go unconscious, Yuya got approached by Gongenzaka, Sawatari and Jack.

"You showed me yet another splendid Duel." Jack praised him. "Well done, Sakaki Yuya."

"As expected of my greatest rival, you gave everyone a riveting performance." Sawatari said. "And it seems my Duel Disk isn't busted after all. Its power source was merely misaligned due to the explosion I was caught during my Duel againts Thundy. Therefore, I can fight once more, which makes our chances of victory even higher."

"With that, we're one step closer to saving Serena and the rest, as well as ending Academia's reign of terror." Gongenzaka stated. "Let's keep that momentum up until we reach the Professor."

Yuya nodded at Gongenzaka's words and was about to speak when-

"Aw, isn't this a lovely post-victory scene? Too bad I have to spoil it for you."

At that moment, several members of the Juvenile Corps stormed inside the arena, with Ryo and a middle aged man with black hair and beard and clad in white uniform clothes.

"So you are Sakaki Yuya? The one the Professor is so scared of, the one who's always on about Entertainment Duels and garbage like that? I honestly expected someone at least moderately intimidating, not a scrawny brat with a ridiculous hairdo. This is disappointing on so many levels..." McKenzie shake his head in dissapointment.

"But the fact he managed to defeat Fubuki is a praiseable thing at least." Ryo chimed in from the side.

"That D-Wheel..." Sawatari narrowed his eyes at McKenzie. "Why do you have it?! That belongs to Crow! You bastard, what did you do to him?!"

"Crow?" McKenzie raised an eyebrow. "Ah, you must mean the orange-haired brat who challenged me a while back. Actually, he's right here with me, only now, he's a bit lacking in the three-dimension department. Here, see for yourselves."

He took out the card in which Crow had been sealed and waved it around with a mocking smile on his face, causing the Lancers to gasp in shock.

"Crow..." A furious expression appeared on Yuya's face. "How...how dare you do this to him?! I'll make you pay for this!"

"Oh, that's a nice expression." McKenzie grinned. "It looks like you might be worth hunting after all. Since you seem to be sufficiently motivated now, how about we begin?"

"Bring it on!" Yuya attempted to step forward, only to be stopped by Jack's outstretched hand.

"Jack?" Yuya looked at the older Duelist, who had an impassive look on his face. "Why are you stopping me?"

"Fighting with that rage will not cause any good. Also, you must remember our purpose here, to stop this war. Therefore, you shouldn't waste your time with this trivial distraction. Leave this to me and go ahead."

"You will face all these Academia soldiers alone?" Yuya asked. "But Jack-"

"He won't be alone." Sawatari said. "We'll give him some support. So get going, Yuya."