Lancers vs Academia 5: Ancient Kalamity

"Let's see...it was two rights and one left...or two lefts or one right...ahhhh! It's no use! I can't make any sense of this..."

Sora let out a dispirit sigh as he looked at his Duel Disk for the ninth time, desperately trying to figure the fastest route leading to the Professor's throne room from the schematics that he made from what he could remember of Academia's layout.

"What's wrong, Sora?" Yuzu asked him. "Have you forgotten the way to Professor's throne room?"

"It seems so." Sora grimanced as he chewed his lollipop. "However, I'm sure this isn't the wrong way. And yet, everything seems different from the last time I'm here. Maybe the Professor made some changes to the layout of the fortress while I was gone?"

"If that's the case, then situation isn't good." Reiji remarked. "The whole point of splitting everyone up was in order to divide Academia's forces and clear the way for us to strike directly at the heart of the enemy. Us losing direction isn't helping the situation."

"Let's go to our route once again." Sora suggested. "Perhaps we mi-"

"Brother." Reira suddenly spoke, interupping Sora as he pointed towards another corridor in the distance. "Over there. Listen."

Yuzu, Reiji and Sora did as the young Lancer asked, they heard a faint sound of clashing and explossion in the distance.

"That's...sound of fighting." Yuzu narrowed her eyes. "Could it be one of our comrades?"

"Most likely, though we cannot dismiss the possibility of a trap." Reiji reasoned.

"Then let's check it, with caution of course." Sora suggested.

Reiji, Yuzu & Reira nodded as they followed after Sora. Just as they were about to arrive at the sight of the battle, an Obelisk Force member suddenly flew past them and slammed on the opposing wall, startling them before crumbling on the ground unconscious.

"Well, I guess it's indeed our comrades." Sora noted. "I mean, if this is supposed to be a trap, it quite a sloppy one."

"Agreed." Reiji nodded. "Let's see who it is and whether they need assistance."

The four dashed forward and came across a rather surprising scene as several members of the Obelisk Force and Academia students were lying unconscious on their ground like their comrade before. And standing in the middle of this scene with their Duel Disks raised were Yusho Sakaki and Asuka Tenjoin.

"Uncle and Asuka-san? Now that's explain everything." Yuzu stated, causing Yusho and Asuka to turn towards the approaching four.

"If it isn't the Lancers." Yusho smiled at the sight of the bespectacled youth. "And it sure has been a long time since our last meeting, Reiji. You seem to have grown into quite the respectable young man."

"It's good to see you again, Sakaki-sensei." Reiji let out a small smile as he shook Yusho's hand. "Your abrupt disappearance three years ago had us all worried. But I should have probably known that a man like you would choose to do things his own way in order to stop this war. However, you were way too reckless, using that prototype dimension transporter even though it was untested. Something might have gone terribly wrong, you know."

"Yoko always said that my worst trait was that I acted too rashly at times..." Yusho rubbed his head with an embarrassed expression on his face. "Still, when I heard your story, I couldn't remain quiet. I had to try and put an end to Akaba Leo's plans before any blood was spilled. Unfortunately, my actions so far didn't amount to much in the end other than putting my family and friends into considerable distress..."

"Come on, it's not all bad, Sensei. You did get some Academia students to change sides and sheltered them to safe place. Without your aid, they would have been recaptured in record time." Asuka reassured him before turned to Sora. "And your son managed to convice this little imp to abandon Academia."