Chapter 4 Back to Normal

I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling. Smoke had left thirty minutes ago. He was most likely killing Sachiko and her friends. My window unlatched and Smoke crawled through it. He tried to be extremely quiet but I was already awake."Smoke. I know it's you." I sat up and looked at him. He was covered in blood. "Did I wake you?" He asked as he walked over to the foot of my bed. I shook my head. "Oh." I crawled forwards and hugged him. He hugged me back. We just sat there in silence. No words could describe how much I needed someone like him to keep me safe. I didn't care that I was most likely getting covered in blood. "Did you kill them." I asked. "Yeah, I couldn't let them live after they did this to you." Smoke smiled. "That means I'm covered in their blood." I released him from my hug and smiled at him. I never smiled, but I always smiled around him. "Thank you. I owe you a lot." I said. "I should also take a shower to get all the blood off me. I suggest the same to you.""Are you suggesting a shower together?" Smoke looked at me shocked."NO! I'm not suggesting that." I could feel the heat rush to my face. "Why would I suggest that!" I was trying to keep my voice down so no one would hear."Well I did see you shirtless." Smoke reasoned. I shot him a death glare. He shut up. I got up and walked to my bathroom. The feeling of the warm water rushing over my skin felt amazing. When I walked out of the bathroom Smoke was sitting on my bed attempting to read Hamlet. "Having trouble?" I walked over and sat next to him. He looked at me and sighed."I wish I could read." Smoke sighed. I took the book from his hands. "Well Shakespeare isnt exactly the best thing for a first time reader should be reading. Maybe tomorrow I can teach you to read using one of my brothers books." I smiled at him. "Thats how I can repay you.""Ok, but I was hoping for maybe a kiss instead." Smoke shrugged. I leaned against him. He was felt warm. I curled up against him and smiled. He pulled me closer, and I fell asleep in his arms.I opened my eyes and I was laying on top of Smoke. We both must have fallen asleep. I heard a knock at my door. I pushed Smoke off my bed and fixed the sheets. My mom would kill me if she suspected something had happened. "Good morning Yami. If you want, you can skip school." My mom offered."No I'm fine all go." I said as I got up and picked out my cloths. I walked into the bathroom to change. When I walked out Smoke and my mom were talking in hushed voices. "What are you guys talking about?""Smoke waiting outside of school so he can protect you." My mom smiled. "Thats the plan for today." I looked at her. Why? I wanted to ask but I knew why. This was about yesterday. "Don't worry. Your friend won't see me. I'll just be waiting near by outside." Smoke smiled. I didn't think it was a good idea, but I had no say in this. "Ok" I forced a smile. They both followed me downstairs. I grabbed my bag and went out the door. I walked to school everyday. But it felt different walking with someone. I still hate the woods though. "Yami! Oh my god you look terrible!" Yoshi ran over to me. He didn't give Smoke a second glance. He walked around me. Checking me for visible bruises, which I was covered in. "Did Sachiko and her crew of bitches do this to you?" "Yeah they did." I sighed. "But I'm fine now." I gave him a weak smile."Yeah but did you hear? The newest serial killer slaughtered there rachit asses." Yoshi smiled. Looks like Smoke really did kill them. I let out a little laugh. "Karma's a bitch." I smiled. My life was starting to turn around. Yoshi, Smoke, and I spent the 20 minutes before school talking. By the time the bell rang I didn't want to go. Me and Yoshi exchanged our goodbyes. I walked to L.A, my favorite class. When I walked into class everyone's eyes turned to me. There faces were a mix of shock and smiles. I ignored their faces and sat down in my seat. I opened my book. I got wrapped up in my book, Death Note. "So hows your extremely sexy boyfriend?" Yoshi asked slyly. I blushed. I forgot Smoke told Yoshi we were dating. "He's good." I said quietly. "Did he help you after the B-squad beat you? And I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you. What Kind of best friend am I?" Yoshi was genuinely sorry about it."He did help me. But I know if you were there you would have helped me. You're my best and only friend. I owe you my life." I hugged him. His light blue hair was in my face. "Come on let's go home." Yoshi smiled at me. We walked to the edge of the woods. "Do we have to go through the woods?!" Yoshi said terrified. "Don't get me wrong but you can't save me in the woods." "Yeah but I'm the personal escort here." Smoke smiled as he jumped down from a tree. Yoshi screamed and punch Smokes shoulder. "You gave me a heart attack!" Yoshi exclaimed. I laughed. We all walked home together. I could get used to this life.