Chapter 17 Relax

I snapped up. What was that? Who was that person? Who was the girl that looked like me? Who was Daddy? Smoke was bad? The EndBringers were good? What the fuck does this all mean!? Making me slowly slip into madness?"Yami, are you ok?" Smoke looked nervous. "Y-y-yeah I'm fine." I lied. Should I tell him? I closed my eye and slowed my breathing. Just relax Yami, relax. Smoke pulled me close to him. He lowered his head to my neck. He kissed my neck, softly. I felt my cheeks flare red. "Don't worry Yami. I'll protect you. It was just a nightmare." He murmured into my neck. My heart was racing. I could hear it pounding in my ears. "What time is it?" I asked, trying to change the subject. He lifted his head up and moved away. "Um, about seven o'clock." Smoke smiled. I turned to look at him. He had black rings under his eyes. Clearly he hadn't slept all night. My books were stacked on the coffee table in two piles. "Were you reading all night?" "Sort of. At first I was than you started whimpering in your sleep. Then I was, watching you. Making sure your ok." Smoke rubbed his head and looked away blushing. I moved close to him. "You were watching me sleep?" I smiled. "W-well if you put it in that context, yes." Smoke looked at me sheepishly. "Its ok you only wanted to protect me." I leaned forward and kissed his lips. I didn't know what I was doing, but I liked it. He pulled me into his lap. Neither of us heard the door open. "Um, am I interrupting something?" Yoshi smiled slyly. "Because by all means I can leave and let you continue." I almost jumped off Smoke's lap. Both our faces were bright red. Yoshi laughed at us. Kanji emerged from the bedroom. "What, were you to having sex?" Kanji asked. "NO!" Me and Smoke replied, a little too quickly. "Ok then." Kanji walked past Yoshi and into the kitchen. Yoshi smiled at us. I hid my face in the couch. "I knew you two were in love." Yoshi smiled. "Yami and Smoke sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, second comes marriage, then comes baby in a babycarrage." Yoshi sang. "Yoshi! Stop that!" I demanded. He continued his dumb song. Smoke and I shot him a death glare. He stopped almost instantly.  "Thank you." I sighed. "Now will you please drop it." "Ok. But don't give me any more opportunities, ok?" Yoshi smiled. "We won't." Smoke looked away. Kanji walked out with two bowls of cereal. He handed Yoshi one and they both sat down. I got up and walked into the kitchen. I looked around for something to eat. I grabbed a donut from the pantry. Smoke walked in and closed the door separating us from them. "They're never gonna let go of that, are they?" Smoke sighed."Probably not. Yoshi has never had the chance to do this to me." I bit into my donut. "I've never liked a guy, let alone kiss one." "You never liked a guy? Or kissed one? So I was your first kiss?" Smoke tilted his head like a confused dog. "Yeah." I blushed. "Oh." Smoke looked shocked. "I just thought because you were beautiful,  I just assumed you had before." "No as you saw everyone hated me. I was abused and beat up weekly." I finished my donut. "I was the punching bag. I always just let it happen and sat quietly." "You should stand up for yourself." Smoke growled. He moved closer. "You have some stuff on your face." He laughed. He wiped some frosting off my cheek. I sighed,"I really hope they eventually let it go. I don't want to get bugged about this forever." Yoshi peaked his head in, Kanji peaked too.  I looked at them. "Um, do you want anything?" "Shit! We've been spotted! Retreat Kanji!" Yoshi backed out and Kanji followed. "They're crazy." I laughed. "I doubt they're gonna stop.""Yeah. So we will just have to deal with them." Smoke hugged me. He was always so warm. I was always so cold. Everytime he hugged me or kissed me the stress of my life fades away. I need him.