Chapter 15 New Lives

"Kick harder." Smoke shouted over the rain. I was back to training, but this time I didn't mind. Sure I hated being out in the rain, but I needed to get stronger. I kicked as hard as I could. The bag launched off its chain and smashed open onto the ground.  "Wow." Kanji looked with shock. I smiled at Smoke."How did I do?" "Amazing. With more time you could kick some major ass." Smoke smiled. He picked up the bag and hung it back up. My t-shirt was clinging to me. I kicked again, and again, and again. I kicked until I couldn't feel my foot. Yoshi sat inside watching us train. He thought we were crazy. I breathed heavily. My body was giving out. Smoke noticed and ushered me inside. Kanji followed. "Wow, Yami that was cool." Yoshi smiled. I smiled back. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar. It had been almost five hours since I had last eaten. We were all soaked, drenched by the rain. Then I walked into the bedroom and got changed. Yoshi made sure we all had plenty to wear. "Hey Yami, do you wanna go out today?" Yoshi asked through the door. "No. I'm too tired." I replied. It was almost 8:00 PM. "Oh, ok." I could hear the disappointment in Yoshi's voice. It made me feel bad. I had spent all this week training. I hadn't done anything with him. "Yoshi, I'll go." I walked out and smiled. His eyes lit up. "Yay!" He jumped up and hugged me. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me through the door. "Let's go to the mall!" We ran to the mall, well he ran I was dragged. "Where are we going?" I asked him. "To a store you will love. Trust me." Yoshi promised. He pulled me into a store before I could see the name. "We're here!" Yoshi smiled widely. I looked around. The walls were covered in bookshelves and anime plushies. "Oh my god." I gasped. "Why?""Because I know you love this stuff.  Ilike the plushies, but I don't read manga." Yoshi shrugged. "And I figured you've been training really hard, so you deserve a reward.""Thank you Yoshi!" I hugged him and he pat my head. "Come on, I didn't just take you here to look. Lets buy something!" Yoshi cheered.We stayed their until they needed to close the mall. I bought all the mangas of "Black Butler." , a Grell plushie, and a Ciel plushie. Yoshi bought three boxes of chocolate, and a Wings of Freedom badge. We ran home in the rain. "Wow you bought stuffies." Smoke laughed. "I thought he would have made you go clothes shopping." "Nope, I know what Yami likes." Yoshi smiled. "What did you get?" Kanji asked me. I held up my plushies."And I bought the whole series of "Black Butler"." I smiled. They all smiled back. I sat down and opened the book. Smoke leaned over my shoulder. I turned and looked at him. He looked away. "What is it Smoke?" "Oh nothing, just that I remember a promise you made. A promise to teach me how to read." Smoke sighed. "Ok get over here." I smiled. He looked over my shoulder. "This should be easy to learn because of all the pictures." It was getting close to midnight. Yoshi took the bedroom and Kanji was gone, like always. I was working slowly with Smoke. It was strange teaching someone older than me how to read. He was finally getting the hang of it though. He could read a whole manga now. I yawned. "I'm sorry I'm keeping you up. Why don't you go to sleep? I can learn on my own." Smoke smiled. "No, no I'm fine." I rolled it off. Another wave of yawns hit me full force. Smoke looked at me unimpressed. "Yami just sleep." I yawned once more. I laid down and let sleep take over.I couldn't move. I was strapped to a table. Someone was towering over me. "Its gonna be fun experimenting on you." It laughed. "So strong, so kind, so purely raw. The gods are fun to mess with, so someone stronger will be fun to break down slowly. I'll plant a bug and drive the sanity out slowly. Madness will take control and I will rule." "Let go of me!" I struggled and screamed. "No that won't be fun." A girl appeared. She smiled happily at me. She looked like me. She was who had been haunting me. "Me and daddy will make you go crazy. Daddy says that Smoke guy is evil. And wants to hurt us." She grabbed my hand and lowered her head to my ear. "He isn't good. The EndBringers are good."