Chapter 23 Crys in The Night

I lay on one of the couches, thinking over how I got into this mess. I had a semi-normal life before I met Smoke, but it also was a terrible life. I would never trade meeting Smoke. He changed my life, and now he was gone. I was left alone. Everyone had died. A sense of responsibility shot through me. I new I couldn't drag Yoshi into this without him getting hurt or worse. I should had told him to run away instead of staying with us. It got him killed. How did they even find us? Kanji! That bastered must have tricked us. I should have let Smoke kill him, then maybe he and Yoshi would be alive. I'm so stupid!

I woke up in a cell. I rubbed my eyes. The last thing I remember was Smoke and Kanji leaving me with Yami. What happened? Did I get arrested. I peered past the bars. There was a huge metal door. It screeched open. Kanji stood there next to, Alester, Yami's father!
"Alester what are you doing here?" I looked at him. He looked at me and scowled.
"You didn't get who we needed. We need to have him executed." Alester growled to Kanji. E-e-executed!
"But sir, why does he need to die? He's done nothing wrong. He could be trained to be a soldier---"
"He's to weak. Kill him or get killed yourself. Your choice." Alester smiled and left. Kanji walked over to the cage. I was shaking.
"K-K-Kanji, please! I'm to beautiful to die!" I cried. He opened the door and handed me a weapon.
"Let's go. I'm sorry for betraying you. Time to fix my sins." I grabbed the gun. I ran after him. This must be the EndBringers headquarters. How did I get here? Why was it empty? Who cared I was safe and with Kanji! I blushes as I thought that. Kanji turned to look at me. He told me that he was a spy the whole time. He lied about almost everything. I felt heartbroken. He lied about liking me. I always knew it but it still hurt. Yami, I hope your at the safe house.

A few days past. My arm was getting better, slowly. Everything blurred by. Gin floating around trying I help me, finding food and water, and struggling with loneliness. All of it felt like a personal hell. The world never seemed so bleak. I sat by the edge of the safe house. I made graves for Yoshi and Smoke. I knew both were dead.
"Yami! Omg thank god!" A voice yelled from the path. I turned to see the blue haired boy smiling and crying.
"Yoshi." I said quietly. He hugged me and kissed my cheek.
"Yami omg I love you! Don't ever leave me!" Yoshi hugged me tight. This really was him. I hugged him back. He was alive this whole time. "So where's Smoke?" My hear wrenched.
"Dead." I explained what happened. Yoshi hugged me, we both were balling our eyes out. At least I have him. I'm not completely alone now.
"I love you too Yoshi."