1

"Bucky?" Steve called, knocking on the door.

Bucky had heard him coming, the steady sound of his footsteps approaching from down the hall. By the sound alone, he was immediately able to tell it was Steve. Not that anyone else really came to bother him much though.

Reluctantly, he stood up and opened the door. Steve was dressed in his Captain America suit, which made Bucky raise an eyebrow. Steve looked up at him and smiled. Like, he beamed. No one besides Steve was ever that happy to see him.

"We need your help with an assignment." Steve said.

Bucky's mind raced. They wanted him out in the field again? So soon? He had barely just gotten back from healing in Wakanda.

"With what?" He voiced.

"Uh, there's a... situation. A HYDRA situation." Steve said carefully measuring his response.

Immediately his face went blank, emotionless, but Steve knew beneath that mask, he was fuming.

"Where's the situation?" Bucky asked, not realizing he was clenching his fists.

"Uh, in the tower, apparently. Fury said an enhanced 'civilian' was reported in the streets of New York. They brought them in, and apparently they're wearing a HYDRA uniform or something." Steve said.

Bucky's jaw clenched.

"You okay to do this? They want us to question them because we have the most experience with, you know..." He trailed off.

"I'm fine. Let me grab my gun." Bucky said, and the door closed.

Steve sighed. Bucky didn't just grab his gun, he took two and an array of knives that he hid around his person. When he was fully equipped, he made his way out of his room, and walked past Steve who was waiting in the hallway. Steve caught up to him, and showed him the way to the interrogation room. Outside, Natasha and Clint were discussing something, but they stopped when Natasha looked up and saw them coming.

"Hey." She said, smiling at Steve, and sending a bit of a forced smile at Bucky.

"Hey Nat." Steve greeted.

Bucky didn't say anything, but that was expected.

"Clint and I are taking bets on what the suspect looks like." Natasha said.

"I think he's bald." Clint said.

"And I think she's not." Natasha finished.

Bucky felt impatient at their chatter, but waited for Steve to be done.

"So we don't know anything about them? No demographics?" Steve asked.

Bucky's ears perked up at that to listen carefully.

"Nope." Clint shook his head.

"According to Fury, this suspect isn't in the SHIELD databases- at all." Natasha explained.

Bucky had enough of their talking and sent a look to Steve. Steve cleared his throat.

"Right then, we'll just go in. Fury's with them?" Steve assumed.

Natasha just nodded. Steve took the lead, opening the door and walking in first, leading the way. Bucky put on his most intimidating face and followed. The door shut automatically behind him. His eyes flickered to Fury in the corner, but he did not see the suspect. What was going on?

"Ah, you've arrived. Please take a seat, gentlemen." Fury said.

Steve gave him an incredulous look. He looked between Fury and the only other person sitting down- a small child, sitting very still in her chair, feet dangling. She looked terrified, and was shaking a bit.