17

Tara and Mike happily agreed to have Olivia over for a sleepover on the 4th of July. They have an annual barbecue with just their family and roast s'mores by their campfire while watching the fireworks at night. According the the couple, they would love to have Olivia over.

Olivia was excited for the sleepover and it was practically all she talked about. They could start a conversation about almost any obscure topic and her little brain would find some crazy way to bring the subject back to the sleepover. It became somewhat of a game among some of the Avengers to compete for who came up with the most random topic to Olivia and still have her relate it to the sleepover.

After some honorable mentions such as robots, (should I bring the toy robots Tony made me to the sleepover?), chickens, (I wonder if they're gonna barbecue chicken at the sleepover!) balloon animals, (balloon animals are so fun! Tony bought me a book on how to make them yourself, should I bring it to the sleepover?) and wet paint (you shouldn't touch paint without permission in case it's wet. just like I shouldn't touch any of Riley and Kinsey's stuff without permission at the sleepover!) the award went surprisingly to Bruce Banner with toenail fungus (you can get toenail fungus from being in the shower where somebody else with it used. do I have to shower at Riley and Kinsey's house? what if they have toenail fungus and didn't tell me? or if they forgot?).

"Thank you, Bruce, for that lovely discussion." Aurora said after Olivia left the room to check if she had everything she needed for the night in her bag for the umpteenth time.

"Yeah, lovely topic." Natasha teased him.

"I knew it would win." He mumbled.

"Yeah, yeah." Tony sighed, leaning over to hand him some money.

Clint, Sam, and Natasha follows suit with a tie. Aurora watched the interaction with amusement.

"Remind me never to gamble with Bruce." She noted.

It was time for Olivia to leave so Aurora carried her daughter's bag to the car. She would be accompanying Happy as he drove Olivia to the sleepover and the rest of the Avenger's finished getting ready for the party. Aurora hadn't gotten into her dress yet, but Wanda and Natasha promised to help her when she got back.

In front of the Fadler family's house, Aurora climbed out of the car to walk her daughter to the door and jog her goodbye.

"Bye Momma!" Olivia squeezed her.

"You remember to tell Mr. Mike or Ms. Tara if you need anything, okay? Oh! And have them call me if you need to get picked up early! I love you, Livi."

"I love you, Momma." Olivia said, inching away to join Riley and Kinsey.

"Be good, go play." Aurora reminded her.

Without another word, the small girl was off, dragging her overnight bad behind her up the stairs. Aurora looked to Tara and Mike.

"Thank you again for having her. Having friends like the twins means so much to her." Aurora smile gratefully.

"It's no trouble." Mike insisted.

"And you don't have to keep thanking us, Olivia's such a good kid!" Tara smiled.

"Thank-"

"Aurora." Tara teased, "Go have fun at your party, the Avengers are waiting!"

Aurora nodded and almost went to thank them again before Tara shooed her out the door. Aurora climbed into the backseat of Happy's car, knowing he preferred to the the front all to himself if possible. She gazed out the window as they backed out of the driveway.

"She'll be okay. She's a good kid, you raised her well." Happy spoke up, glancing at Aurora in the rear view mirror.

She beamed with joy.