48

Monday arrived and Bucky, Steve, Tony, Wanda, and Thor were on their mission. The address the mysterious note had left led them to an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere.

"Not creepy at all." Wanda mumbled, staring up the the building.

It was nearing the meetup time, 2:00, so they got into their stations. Thor would be upstairs in hiding in case they needed backup. "They" being Bucky, Steve, and Tony. Tony used his Iron Man suit to detect for heat signatures. After the scan came back, he frowned.

"What, no one's here?" Steve asked.

"No. There's someone here. One person. Adult female." Tony replied.

"Then let's go meet her." Steve said, walking into the warehouse first.

Bucky had to agree with Wanda, it was indeed a creepy building. Their footsteps echoed as they followed Tony to where the one person was waiting for them.

"Why didn't they bring more people if this is a trap?" Wanda whispered.

They turned the corner and got the answer to her question. Sitting in the middle of an empty room in a circle of eleven chairs, was the woman who'd used her powers to freeze them that night at the Tower while Aurora was abducted. The woman who had raised that base and likely the one before it with Aurora. The woman Natasha had shot, but only hit in the leg. It was impossible to tell how wounded the woman still was with her long dark bodysuit.

As soon as he saw her, Tony raised his blasters and prepared to fire. The woman looked to where they entered, but didn't move an inch.

"I just want to talk." She announced.

"Yeah, I find that a little hard to believe since the last time we saw you, you helped abduct our friend!" Tony resorted, not lowering his weapon.

The woman nodded to an open cardboard box on the floor in the middle of her circle.

"Peace offering." She said.

Tony scanned the contents of the box with his weapons still aimed. Bucky had his gun pointed at her, and was itching to pull the trigger, but he waited. He needed her alive to find Aurora.

"The bracelets." Tony said, confused as his scanner told him the contents of the open box.

"What bracelets?" Steve asked.

"The ones that can contain abilities like Aurora's... and I'm guessing, hers." Tony nodded to the woman.

"This is definitely a trap." Wanda sighed.

"Will your other friends be joining us? I wasn't sure how many chairs to put out so I put out enough for all of you." The woman said.

"You're giving us the bracelets to put on you?" Tony asked her skeptically.

"If you need reassurance, then yes, that was the plan." The woman replied simply.

"What was your name again? C-3PO or something?" Tony asked her, slowly moving closer to the circle of chairs while the others flanked out around him.

"Project 937."

"Alright, Project 937, what's the catch?" Tony asks her cautiously.

"I just want to talk." Project 937 insisted.

They finally reached the circle of chairs that were positioned as if they were hosting a support group instead of talking about their friend's abduction. Wanda grabbed the bracelets out of the box and to their surprise, Project 937 held out her wrists to allow her to fasten them. Wanda backed up, still eyeing the sharp eyed woman wearily.