25

Aurora and Bucky were interrupted by the door between Aurora and Olivia's room opening with a creak and the little girl padding into the room. She looked at them on the couch and giggled.

"Morning Liv." Bucky smiled, his breath tickling Aurora's neck.

It sent shivers down her spine.

"How'd you sleep, sweetie?" She asked her daughter, trying to block those thoughts out.

"Good! Did you two fall asleep on the couch?" Olivia asked.

"It appears so." Bucky mused.

"That's silly! You should just use the bed!" Olivia pointed out like it was obvious.

Aurora smiled at her daughter. The bed would indeed be more comfortable, but there was no way cuddling on a bed could be just a friend thing in any way shape of form. Her denial could at least make a weak protest when they were on the couch. Not that that denial was coming in as strongly as it used to. Aurora actually felt herself slowly becoming more open to accepting her feelings about Bucky. She'd even told Grace about it in one of their appointments. Grace had smiled slyly like she knew something Aurora didn't, but she dismissed it. It was probably nothing.

"Do you want some breakfast?" Aurora asked.

"Yes! Can we please have waffles? With strawberries?!" Olivia pleaded.

"Let's ask the waffle chef." Bucky said, looking down at Aurora.

He cooked as well, but nobody made waffles as good as Aurora did.

"Waffle chef says yes." She beamed.

That made Olivia do a happy dance. Unfortunately, that meant the waffle chef had to get up, so Aurora gently untangled herself from Bucky's limbs and stood up to stretch.

He watched her as she did so, her sleep shirt raising just a bit to expose the bare skin of her back as she put her arms up. His heart beat just a little bit faster. Aurora turned around obliviously and offered him a hand up. He accepted it and the three made their way to the kitchen. Once there, Aurora used her "World's Best Mom" mug to make hot chocolate. She also made cups for Olivia and Bucky.

The others were surprisingly all asleep. It had been pretty busy the day prior, so it did make some sense. Olivia smiled widely when she saw her mom using her coffee mug. She accepted her own cup from Aurora and began to blow on it, knowing to wait until it had cooled a bit before trying to drink it.

"Next year, we should get Bucky a "World's Best Dad" cup!" Olivia suggested.

Bucky choked on his hot chocolate and Aurora thankfully didn't have any liquid in her mouth because she's sure it would've just drained out. Aurora busied herself from looking at him by grabbing some napkins to clean up the few drops of hot chocolate he'd spilt. She began to dab away at all the wet spots until she realized the hot chocolate had fallen onto his shirt and she was dabbing his chest. She blushed from head to toe.

"Sorry." She mumbled, drawing her hands back.

Olivia watched the two with a confused look on her face.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Aurora opened and closed her mouth, unsure of how to proceed.

"Well... what made you say that we should get Bucky that mug?" She asked carefully.

"Cause he's one of my new dads!" Olivia said.

Bucky didn't know if it was relief or disappointment washing over him.

"And because you'd be matching! And moms and dads like to match." She finished.

Aurora blinked. She felt her heart beating so fast it was almost concerning.