47

"So... Captain America and the Black Widow, huh?" Sev asked, trying desperately to get Aurora to talk.

She just nodded numbly.

"You Avenger friends... your family..."

Aurora blinked at the spot of the ground she'd been staring at, feeling numb.

"Come on, Aurora, please don't do this to yourself again! Please don't retreat back into this goddamn shell!" Sev begged her.

"... they know it's me." Aurora spoke up eventually.

Sev waited patiently for her to continue. They sat together in Aurora's cell.

"It was only a matter of time before they found out, I just... it hurts so bad... it hurts so bad to have seen them so close and not been able to say or do anything but run away. I don't even know what the hell they think is wrong with me, but- they saw me for who I am... they saw the monster inside me, Sev." Aurora looked up with tears in her eyes.

"We all have monsters inside us." Sev reminded her.

"Some more than others."

"Stop this. Stop this self blaming. For every person you've been forced to kill, I've killed willingly ten times more." Sev said.

"But you were born a weapon. You and Six didn't know a world outside of HYDRA, you just became what they made you! I- I killed those people because I'm a coward. I'm a coward who doesn't want to watch her own family die, so she goes around killing everyone else's families. I am a monster, Sev." Aurora insisted.

Sev hesitated.

"Fine. Maybe you are, but so am I. I still care about you, Aurora, I don't want to watch you let yourself waste away again." She said.

Before Aurora could reply, there was a sound at the door and Sev bolted up from where Aurora had invited her to sit next to her on the bed. The sudden movement hurt Sev's leg and made her wince, but the door was opening seconds later. Chris walked in and his eyes narrowed on Sev first.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" He demanded angrily.

"I was just finishing discussing tomorrow's altered training plan with Stone." Sev replied, sounding bored and annoyed.

Chris glared at her.

"Well get out then! You've done what you came here to do!" He snapped.

Sev left the room without another glance at Aurora. Chris waited for the door to lock before crossing the room and taking his unwanted position on the bed. His hand reached up and touched her arm, caressing it. Aurora pulled her arm away.

"I'm tired and sore from the mission." She excused.

"I'm sorry she was bothering you again." Chris sighed, "Project 937 is... she's not a good person."

He said it like he was a good person. The notion was ridiculous. Chris's eyes traveled across Aurora's body and she realized with a sinking feeling in her gut, that his eyes were clouded with lust.

"I should really get to bed." Aurora said, trying to get him to leave.

"I was right about to suggest we do the same thing." Chris smiled awfully, moving forwards towards her until she had to lean back to escape.

Her back hit the bed and she flinched.

"I'm tired. I don't want to do this." She said, trying to push him off her, but she was pinned down.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to do this." Chris whispered in her ear.

"Chris, stop!"

He began kissing her cheek and moving down to trail his lips across her skin.