30

It was time to pick Olivia up from school so Aurora and Bucky, now in dry clothes, made their way down to Maple Elementary. Ever since Parent's Day, Bucky would join Aurora waiting for the bell to ding in the hallway. He liked to keep her company and witness the expression on Olivia's face as she ran for them. He also liked the fact that he intimidated Regina Adams and several other parents.

When Bucky and Aurora got to the hallway, Tara and Mike were there. Normally just Tara would pick the kids up while Mike worked, but today they would all be following Happy to the Tower. Tara had freaked out when Aurora told her about her and Bucky's relationship. The night she called Tara to tell her she had finally said "I love you" back, Tara had been so happy, she almost woke up her kids. They had limited late night phone calls after that, calling or FaceTiming each other during the day and up until what Mike called Tara's "curfew". The two women still snuck the occasional phone call in after that if they had more to say or remembered something else to tell the other.

Tara was excited to meet Kimmy, eager to get to know Aurora's childhood friend. By now Tara knew the truth about Aurora's past, and even about her and Olivia's abilities. She had reacted in pure amazement every time they demonstrated, no traces of fear in her eyes.

After the kids greeted their parents, they followed Happy's guidance into the Tower and to the parking garage. They climbed out of the cars and said goodbye to Happy before hopping in the elevator. They managed to all fit inside comfortably due to the children's smaller body sizes.

When they got to their floor, Bucky took Aurora's hand and led her out of the elevator. She gasped as she looked around the room her family had decorated for her. The decorations were simple, but beautiful, and took the form of various greens and flowery. Aurora thought it was perfect.

Kimmy walked over to greet her and Aurora introduced her two friends. They got along very well and seemed to be forming their own friendship fast, which made Aurora very happy. Tony was playing "party music" which was much different then his usual party music. It was mainly Disney songs and kid friendly tunes that were extremely catchy.

The music was a little loud, but Aurora didn't dwell on that, figuring maybe the higher volume made Tony feel more in a part mood. Bucky and Aurora moved to a couch where she sat down, but to her surprise he just stopped in front of her.

"Are you ready for your gift?" He asked her.

She grinned and nodded. Bucky turned and left the room, leaving her confused. Tony finally turned the music down, and everyone was watching Aurora intently. She wasn't sure why until she heard it. Small meowing approaching down the hallway. The reason Tony had the music up so loud. Bucky came around the corner with a small white kitten.

Aurora gasped and her hands flew up to her mouth. The kitten, she noticed, looked almost identical to the one featured on the shirt she and Olivia had gotten Bucky for Christmas. That detail alone made her eyes water. With every step he took bringing the little kitten closer to her, the more emotional she felt herself becoming before he had to stop for her to wipe her tears and calm down enough to enjoy the moment. Bucky placed the kitten in her arms and Aurora loved her immediately. She'd never had a pet before, but had confessed to him once ages ago that she used to dream about owning a cat.

"Is she really...?!" Aurora almost couldn't believe it to be true.

"She's all yours." Bucky confirmed.

The little white ball of fur made herself comfortable on Aurora's lap and began kneading her paws when Aurora stroked her. Olivia watched excitedly from the side wanting desperately to play with the cat, but following Wanda's instructions to let Aurora hold the feline for a bit first.