6

Natasha felt so much pride in Aurora for asking to be trained. Bucky had come to her early that morning and let her know what Aurora was interested in. True to his word, he didn't share the information she gave him with the others.

Aurora got dressed in clothes Wanda had helped her pick out, good for fighting in. Olivia was going to be watched by Wanda while Aurora was downstairs. After pulling her hair back, and looking at her reflection in the mirror, she sighed. She still had bruises in the occasional places, and more scars than she cared to think about, but her limp was gone. She looked a bit tired from her sleepless nights, but she forced a determined look on her face.

With a deep breath, she left her room and grabbed breakfast from the kitchen with Olivia. When they were finished and Aurora was loading the dishwasher, Bucky came into the room. Aurora faltered for a second after seeing him, but he just sent her a small smile. She returned it and gave a little nod in thanks. Then it was time to train.

Natasha walked her through numerous strengthening exercises and stretches. Aurora was a bit surprised they weren't learning to dodge punches immediately, but mostly relieved. After a two hour work out, Natasha told her to grab some more water, and to meet her back the next morning for another session.

Aurora felt something she hadn't before- at least not in a very long time. She felt empowered. She felt like maybe she wasn't weak and helpless after all. She opened up to Grace about her past more in their therapy sessions, and slowly gained more confidence with herself. Everyone in the Tower noticed the improvements, and were incredibly proud.

Tony came up to Aurora one day when she was sitting in the living room, reading a book alone. She glanced up and saw who it was. Despite the tinge of fear in her gut, she placed her book down and smiled at him.

"Hi." She greeted.

"Aurora! I need your help." Tony grinned.

"My help?" She asked, confused.

"We are going to decorate your room!" He cheered.

"Oh. Oh, you don't have to-"

"But I want to." He interrupted.

Aurora smiled a bit. Tony observed her closely for a moment.

"You can say no, of course." He began, and she felt her heart racing, "But I was wondering if you wanted to consider moving Olivia to the room directly next to yours. You know, so she can have her own room and stuff."

Aurora hesitated, frowning in thought. Tony waited for her to speak patiently.

"But... what if she needs me?" She worried.

Tony smiled.

"I already have a plan! A door connecting your rooms through the shared wall! That way you can still see each other as often as you want, but now you have the option of privacy too."

Aurora mulled it over.

"That... actually sounds like a really good idea. Her therapist, Betty, said I need to work on relaxing control, and being okay with giving Olivia more freedom." She admitted.

"Perfect! Plus, now we can design your room, and Olivia's room!" Tony said happily.

"Okay." She agreed, and he pulled out a tablet to begin showing her different décor aesthetic and options.

Eventually, as they worked, Aurora stopped feeling so tense and he was able to sit at her side, showing her things on the tablet, without her feeling afraid. She felt like she could trust him.

It was with a happy heart that Aurora entered Grace's office that afternoon, already talking about her accomplishment before she closed the door behind her. Once she did, she turned around.