15

Aurora explained it to Olivia as carefully as she could.

"Momma's magic is acting a little strange right now, so you can't touch me right now, okay? And I don't know if your magic is doing the same thing, so please try not to touch anyone until Tony gives us the bracelets."

"The sleepy bracelets? From Chris?" Olivia asked.

"Tony's going to make a pair." Aurora said.

"What happens? What happens if I touch you or somebody?" Olivia asked worriedly.

Her mom paused.

"I don't know. Let's just be extra safe, okay?"

"Okay." Olivia frowned.

"Can you take off your bathing suit? And- oh... you need help washing your hair in the shower..." Aurora realized.

Olivia just looked up at her mom expectantly.

"Okay, change of plans, go take off your bathing suit and get into some dry clothes, okay?"

Her daughter frowned before hesitantly agreeing and leaving the room through the door connecting the two of them. Aurora debated whether to shower herself but decided against it. She would feel guilty getting clean while Olivia couldn't, and if anyone came by their rooms, she needed to make sure they didn't touch anyone. Aurora got dressed quickly, waited for Olivia to finish and then opened the door between their rooms. Olivia began to walk over, but Aurora stopped her.

"Why don't you stay in your room for a bit, Livi? Momma needs some alone time."

"But the door is open." Olivia pointed out with a frown.

"Yes, well..." Aurora was running out of excuses and explanations.

Luckily she was saved by a knock on her door. Then she frowned, remembering that she was dangerous to whoever was on the other side. Still, she had to answer, so she slowly walked to the door and opened it just a crack. Tony was there, still in his bathing suit, but not soaking wet like she had been.

"I had to mop up after you, Puddles!" He joked.

She didn't smile or open the door any further than the sliver she needed to see him. Tony's face fell.

"Bucky told me what you asked him to ask me to make."

"Do you think you can do it?" Aurora asked anxiously.

"I'm sure that given enough time and resources, I can do anything... but is that what you really want, Aurora?"

She nodded her head. Of course that's what she wanted. She didn't want to live her life afraid that every single brush of contact against her skin would hurt or kill somebody.

"I mean, Chris used those bracelets to control you. What he did wasn't right." Tony said.

"I just need to be able to control it." Aurora whispered.

"What if there's a way to do that without the bracelets?" He suggested.

She shifted uneasily in the doorway but opened the door just the slightest bit wider.

"Like what?"

"Bruce and I happen to be quite the scientists. We can examine your powers on a physical level and help you that way, and Wanda has magic. She has already offered to train you, and Olivia too if she wants it."

"I don't want to hurt anybody."

Tony smiled sadly. He shook his head.

"You're gonna be fine, Sleeping Beauty. I do need something to base my work off of though... perhaps a blood sample? Just a small one from you and Olivia."