18

Bucky got Olivia to bed successfully. Laying in his own bed that night, however, he was unsuccessful in falling asleep.

You're still pretty without your halo light.

Aurora.

I love you, Bucky.

Olivia.

He didn't know exactly when or how, but those two girls had become his entire world. He would do anything for them.

Bucky turned in his bed again, restless. Oh god. He liked Aurora even more than he thought.

Aurora woke up being blinded by the sunlight. She groaned as a fierce pain filled her skull. She closed her eyes and tried to make the pain go away. Then the nausea came. She bolted up and made it to the toilet just in time. Leaning her head against the wall next to the toilet, she sighed. What happened? She felt like shit.

Slowly bits and pieces of her night came back into her mind. She had been at Steve's party, and... oh god, she drank a lot. Aurora couldn't remember how much alcohol she'd consumed, but it must've been a lot for her to feel this bad. Also, most of the night was a blur, if she remembered any of it at all. Watermelon. She suddenly felt a surge of hatred for the fruit she had found so delicious the night before.

Someone knocked on her bedroom door. Still feeling a bit queasy, Aurora called for them to come in from her spot on the floor. She heard her door open.

"In the bathroom." She said, wincing as her head throbbed.

Bucky appeared in the doorway, looking concerned.

"Hey. You okay?" He said.

"Hi. I'm... alive." She felt another wave of nausea coming over her.

Aurora surged towards the toilet and Bucky was at her side, pulling back her hair in an instant. At first the contact of his hands made her flinch, but she quickly overcame it. She emptied her stomach and panted.

"I'm okay now." She said weakly as he helped her sit up.

Aurora closed her eyes in an attempt to dull the pain.

"Sorry. I know that's gross." She apologized.

"It's fine. I brought you some pain medication and toast. When you feel like you can drink, you should take the meds." Bucky said gently.

Aurora nodded slowly and scooted further from the toilet to stand up. He offered her a hand up, and she accepted it to stand. Her dress was wrinkled from spending the night in it. She wondered how she'd gotten to bed. She certainly didn't remember coming here herself.

"Who walked me up here?" She asked as she left the bathroom.

"Uh, I did." Bucky admitted.

With her back to him, Aurora closed her eyes.

"Please tell me I didn't say or do anything mortifying." She said.

"Depends on your definition of mortifying." He said.

Aurora whipped around to face him, face horror struck, but he just laughed.

"I'm kidding, sorry." Bucky dismissed.

She sighed in relief and flopped down to sit on her bed.

"That was the first time I've ever had alcohol."

"Your first time and you got blackout drunk?" Bucky said, sounding amused.

"Don't laugh at me!" Aurora pointed a finger at him.