CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2: System

Peach woke up by the alarm that she was hearing. But she remembered that she did not set up a timer. 

She still woke up though and looked at her watch, trying to stop the ringtone. When she pressed it, a hologram appeared and she noticed the little diamond sitting at the upper corner of left. Seeing the new thing in her hologram, she decided to press it and a message appeared. 

She was confused because it doesn't look like an email of text message. But she still read it.

[Hello! I am a Quest System! It seems like you're having a hard time to decide for your next step in life. I am here to guide and reward you! Press YES if you accept. Press NO if you don't]

After reading it, Peach was a confused. She did hear about this kind of systems but only in stories. Even though it's weird for her, for some reason she doesn't want to press no. 

She was thinking that there would be no harm at pressing yes because in their era, hacking and viruses are not a thing anymore. 

Peach ignored the words first and went to do her daily routine. After doing the chores in the house, she sat in the living room. It was already noon.

She looked at the house and was satisfied in her work. Her house used to have three people. Even if she's alone, it is not too big for her. There are only two rooms, living room, kitchen and mini dining room besides the kitchen. What she likes about this house is the soundproof quality of it, so she would not hear the flying cars outside. 

After living here for almost 4 years, she haven't thought of leaving this house at all. She would also clean the room her parents and would sometimes sleep there. But she only cried once in their death and that's when she heard the news of them passing.

She became a bit introverted. But thanks to her part-time job, she was still able to communicate with good people. 

Peach activated the hologram and read the message again. She decided to press yes since nothing would be lost if she choose it. 

After pressing yes, the system sent another message, 

[Thank you for your trust! Here is your first quest!

[Task: Join a famous streaming platform and make an account!

Reward: Eggs]

Peach was confused again thinking, 'Where would this go? Livestream? It seems like it is really a spam text or something'. But since she currently doesn't have any appointments and out of boredom, she followed the task. 

After few hours, she managed to do the task. She named her account 'Peach Yang' which is just her name. Then, the watch rang again and a new message appeared. 

[Task completed! Press CLAIM to get reward! Check space watch for your reward.

Peach was impressed after seeing this and pressed claim. She checked her space and indeed, there was eggs! It seems like there are only three, but it doesn't matter for her. What matters is that this system seems like a genuine one. 

Since the time in space watch were not moving, even after a lot of years, the freshness of goods is guaranteed. So, she didn't get the eggs in her space yet since for now, she doesn't have any use of it. 

After this, she thought 'So, What now?'. Then another message appeared.

[Next Task: Register your streaming account to become an official streamer.

Reward: Uncooked Rice]

After this message, Peach confirmed that for some reason, the system would give a task when she have a question in her mind. She was not sure whether it is also applicable when she would asked question verbally.

Peach did the quest and it took her until the night to finish it since there are actually a lot of requirements to be able to stream legally in the streaming platform called 'Quiver'. But now she can stream freely. 

One of the terms is that the share between the 'gifts' received from streaming is 50:50 for the streamer and the platform. If she became verified, the share would be 60:40 for the streamer and the platform respectively. For the tax, the platform are responsible for that. 

In this era, live streaming was big and famous because anyone can access it wherever they are. Since wifi connections are free, they don't have to spend just to watch content. Unless they would want to support the streamer ang give 'gifts' by using money.

Peach claimed her reward, cooked her meal, eat then after a while, went to her bed. She have many questions and asked vocally to test whether the task also appears, “Why do I have to make a streaming account? What should I do next?”

Indeed, the new task appears.

[New Task: Start streaming Mukbang. Choose a proper day and time to stream.

Reward: Instant Ramen]

Peach was enlightened after reading the task. Indeed, she had no plans to become a chef but still wants to cook. Streaming and doing mukbang is definitely a good choice for her. She can cook in the live stream and eat what she cooks.

The only problem is her personality. She does not fit in the concept of live streaming, but it can change. Earning is also not guaranteed immediately but as long as there is patience, it is fine.

She still had enough savings to live for a year without working. She decided to try streaming and if there's no result after a year, she would stop and would start to find a proper job.

[A/n: Mukbang - Eating Show]