CHAPTER 15

Chapter 15: Thank You 

It was already 4:00 pm and she started cooking. Each person, she decided to give 1kg of pork belly. Half was made into lechon kawali and half was just boiled pork belly, just to have options in eating.

To preserve the crispness of the pork belly, she only used a clean cloth to cover the containers so that the heat would come out. Then, she packed it to a bigger food bag just so there's more space for the heat.

She prepared 4 package. Three for the winners and one for Z. She only found out that he donated a big amount that he could not imagine and wanted to thank him. She also prepared a message for each package.

She already message Z that she will send a food for him as a thanks again. Because of this, he cancelled his 5pm to 7pm appointment again... 

She already delivered the food at 5:20 pm and he received the food in around 6 pm. He opened the food and this time, he read the message first. 

“Thank you very much for the support. I would like to take this opportunity to say to you that everytime I will do a giveaway, a slot is already give to you. So, you don't have to donate a big amount. The money you donated was already big. Thanks again for the support Mr. Z”

He was speechless after reading it. But that doesn't mean that he would stop. 

At first, he don't use Quiver at all. He's not interested in any social media,. But his mother, an avid food lover wants him to watch stream just so he could appreciate her mom's effort in making food. 

He would rarely eat her food not because it is not delicious, but he felt like it was not necessary to invest time in cooking. He could just eat outside without wasting his precious time. 

Just to comfort her mother, he decided to watch mukbang stream. He started to watch famous streamer but was not interested at all. He felt like the streamer talks a lot and not doing the 'mukbang' content at all. They should just become a talk show host.

He was very ruthless in his reviews. He can't avoid this personality because he's a business man and it is just in his nature. 

He decided to just watch small streams and he finally got into a peaceful stream. She was cooking kimchi fried rice that time and the aroma attracted him, so he stayed longer without noticing.

The streamer was quiet and focused on her work. He has finally appreciated the trait of investing time on food.

When the streamer started to eat, he also tasted it and felt goosebumps. This might be the most delicious dish that he had tasted in his life. He looked at the food again... It was just a simple dish and he can't believe it. 

He immediately checked the name and the streamer was called Peach Yang. She was also beautiful... He erased that thought and pressed the subscribe button without knowing its function. 

He also started to donate money and was frustrated that the maximum donation that he could only donate was 10 silver in every donation that he would do. This made him buy a big share in Quiver just to change this amount. 

He started eating the delicacies in front of him, not leaving any single piece. Good thing he already dismissed his secretary or the latter would be jealous of the food. 

After eating, he received a video call. Turned out that it was her mother. 

“Baby boy~ I heard you invested in Quiver. When did you got interested in that kind of business?” 

With annoyance on his face, he replied: “Mom... stop calling me that.”

“You did not reply to my question.”,  She replied with power. 

He signed: “I just noticed that it was profitable.”

“Or your interested in mukbang now? It's worth it right? You should visit here sometimes and I will cook a food for you.”

“I'll check my schedule.”

Then, his mother noticed the containers in front of him and faked cry: “Did you order take-out? Thats big but you also finished it! When are you a big eater? So you love other's food compared to your mother. Huhu~” 

He did not mind his mother's act and said: “I won a giveaway from a stream”

Her mother's ear ringed and immediately ask: “Who? I want to know her name!”

“Why would you think its a 'her'?”

 “Zhan Liang! Answer me or I will deduct your allowance for the whole year.”

Z who's name was actually Zhan Liang said with dumbfounded expression:

“Mom, I don't need your money in the first place...”

His mom started to fake cry again: “Oh I forgot you're no longer my little child. Why did you grow so fast? You use to be just wetting your pants.”

Zhan was stressed on what he was hearing and finally said: “It's Peach Yang. Bye mom I got lots of work to do.”

“Oh, so it's really a girl? I will search her hehe~. Bye bye my baby, mommy loves you!”

Zhan sighed: “ Love you too, mom.”

He ended the call after that. He knows that her mother is planning something, but he ignored it.