༺ 16 ༻

"Dad, hey

"Dad, hey." I greeted him as I saw him approaching.

We had agreed to meet for breakfast. The only time in the day he was available to do anything. He would head on to the company from here. The same routine for the past seven months or so.

After he and Mr. Jeon signed their contract, it took my father a few weeks to be privy to the company's affairs. There had only been two small cases at the time, and he won them without a hitch.

"Hi, honey." he greeted back, a smile playing on his lips that I hadn't seen in a long time.

The truth was that he and I had some sort of disconnect due to marriage and his debts, which had placed a burden on his shoulders greater than either of us had had the strength to bear. But as much as the new job in Jeon Coop narrowed his existence as an attorney, it had still served as a chance for him to get back on his feet.

I still found it atrocious of Mr. Jeon to have taken advantage of my father's financial instability for his own twisted benefits, but I couldn't complain for it had been a win-win kind of situation.

However, my father no longer resented the fact that I had practically sacrificed a part of myself in order to prevent a greater wreck for our family. I had come to realize why Matokai Riku had been distraught, and rightly so.

Every father wanted to keep his family noble with his own efforts, but it hadn't been a competition between him and me in the first place. We were both now okay with me being married. It didn't portray the end of the world. I had gotten used to being Jeon Reva.

So I was glad that whatever ice existed between us had more or less melted.

"How are you?" he asked, pushing aside the bouquet of flowers in the middle of the table so he could see my face better.

The last few months had done him good. He no longer had red-shot eyes, which made me worry that they could soon become chronically burned into his body. Insomnia also seemed to be off the long list of issues he was fighting physically.

Every time Raiden talked about them starting to have dinner together again in the evenings, it brought a sense of relief to me and I felt more at ease about it. Always having a part of my mind in my old home was tiring, to say the least.

I smiled. "I'm fine. Same old, same old."

"Everything's all right over there?" he raised an eyebrow.

I didn't know what to answer so I pondered my response for a few seconds. It wasn't like it was torture and besides Yoongi and Dalrae, I wasn't really close to anyone. My husband was floating somewhere in the middle. I didn't even want to get started on Mrs. Jeon.

"Yeah, we're all still getting to know each other. But it's good, no worries." I went with the safest answer and it seemed to make my dad happy enough so he took a sip of his water.