༺ 20 ༻

Jungkook

Jungkook

I was waiting downstairs, my tuxedo snugly clinging to my body as I scrolled through my phone. The event we hosted every year was being held tonight, and my parents and siblings were at the venue by now.

Reva and I were going in as a couple, which is why we had separate rides. Well, that was if she could finally manage to get ready. It was still weird to think that I was a married man and to even think that I was currently waiting for my spouse was something that I hadn't seen coming my way for a few years.

But we had both gotten used to living together and nothing was exactly weird. After all, ten months had already passed since we had said yes to each other and exchanged rings.

I had to admit that I couldn't imagine a better partner than Reva, considering that I never wanted to get married anyway until I did. She was an affable person and except for our bickering, I was content overall.

She didn't interfere with my business, didn't ask unnecessary and annoying questions, and it was amusing to exchange ideas with her. I had even found myself telling her bits and pieces about myself a few times that I usually kept hidden.

We still weren't friends or anything, but spouses on a respectful spectrum and that was the most important thing.

I let out a sigh, realizing that I had been standing here waiting for her for longer than twenty minutes. I knew women tended to take longer than men to get ready and that was okay, considering that they had to perfect all that makeup and whatever shit, but I was starting to get impatient.

Fishing my phone out of my inside pocket where I had tucked it moments ago, I opened the messaging app and found her name. Our conversation was dry, but a small laugh escaped my lips when I saw the saved name and began to text her.

Me:
How much longer do you need?
A lifetime has passed

badgalReeRee:
Don't be a crybaby
5 more minutes

Me:
We are late
hurry

badgalReeRee:
OKAY

I could practically hear her scream the last word and laughed again. She hated it when I used that nickname, but I could also see the amused twinkle in her gray eyes when I teased her with it.

Slipping my phone back into my inside pocket, I looked around the hallway. I had stopped by the venue this morning to check if everything was going according to plan.

Reva had managed to find a new caterer in a short amount of time, so I was quite impressed, but it was actually no surprise because I knew she accomplished everything she set her mind to.