༺ 27 ༻

Jungkook

Jungkook

I sighed for probably the seventy-fourth time in this meeting, and my father, unbeknownst to everyone else, shot me a warning glare, which I disregarded. Was I the only one who was irritated by Mr. Steinberg's talk to the point of wanting to jump out the window? Or throw someone out the window.

Trying to keep my murderous thoughts to myself and my disapproving looks to a minimum, I ran a hand over my jaw. Derek, or whatever his name was, I could give a rat's ass about Mr. Steinberg and his staff, continued to skim through the contract we were about to re-sign.

In the corner of my eye, I could see my father-in-law Riku frowning as well, desperately trying to meet the eyes of my father, who seemed excited about the new contract. If he didn't listen to me, he should at least listen to our lawyer.

I had never been fond of Mr. Steinberg and the never-ending sweat on his brow, and now I was even more wary. Of course, every businessman tried to make the most beneficial deal for themselves, but we were hardly a charity here.

Mr. Steinberg's proposals were anything but profitable for us. But my father didn't appear to realize that, or, as usual, he decided to do what he thought was right just because he held the title of CEO.

"I think this way both sides can benefit." Derek finished and I sarcastically applauded one or two times only to get another warning look from my father.

Legally, I didn't have much of a clue even if my job had taught me a paragraph or two over the years, but I could tell from Riku's furrowed eyebrows that he would advise against whatever Derek had been scraping our ears off about for the past two hours.

One of his requests was that we lower our commission percentage by 5 percent, which was currently set at 30. Now that percentage looked insignificantly small to some, but we were talking about millions here.

"Thank you for the detailed presentation of your requirements. Of course, we can't offer an answer now, as we have some matters to discuss internally with our attorney, Mr. Matokai. I hope you understand that, William." my father addressed Mr. Steinberg.

"Of course. I wouldn't have even approached you with a new contract if it weren't for our long-standing friendship." He replied, looking quite smug.

Then the two men stood up simultaneously, but I remained seated. "Very well. I will inform you of our decision in a few days."

They shook hands. "I will wait for your call."

I glanced at Riku and he shook his head. Great. I failed to understand the insistence on pursuing business with such a man. We had gained all kinds of partnerships, even quite a few new ones abroad on our business trip, and yet my father insisted on this dumbass.