༺ 23 ༻

A few days later, I was lounging on the sofa where Jungkook usually slept at this hour, scrolling through my phone

A few days later, I was lounging on the sofa where Jungkook usually slept at this hour, scrolling through my phone. The brightness of the screen burned in my eyes despite the lowest setting, but I was too lazy to get up and turn on the lights.

Jungkook was still on the business trip with his father in Indonesia, even though the week he had told me he would be gone for had passed. Apparently things hadn't gone the way they thought they would and they needed to do whatever to seal their deals.

Yoongi had told me this the day before yesterday on the rooftop as we casually stared off into the distance in the evening as usual. "Jungkook and dad will be back next week." he had let out randomly, a puff of white cloud from his cigarette rising into the sky.

I still didn't like the smell, but I'd assured him that he was allowed to violate my lungs if I was allowed to do the same with his privacy every now and then on the rooftop. He'd laughed and since then we'd had unarranged encounters in the darkness and silence of our companionship while he smoked in peace.

"Why?" I had asked after nodding in understanding, just for the sake of having asked.

The smirk on his face had been punch-worthy as I rolled my eyes, but he still answered in a neutral way. "One of the partners is making unanticipated trouble and my father is determined to persuade him."

And so I had the bedroom to myself for longer than initially expected. I didn't miss Jungkook or his presence, but I had to admit against my will that it was a little bland without his remarks about the most bizarre things.

Jolting out of my thoughts as the phone almost slipped out of my hand and fell on my face, I let out a considering sound. Making a decision was harder than I had originally thought so I opened the messaging app and the chat under a specific name.

Me:
1, 2, or 3?

I didn't know what time it was for him right now or if he was busy, so I wasn't expecting an answer anytime soon as I considered the three options, going through all the uploaded images again.

Two Pump Jk:
What's that for?

Me:
Just pick one

Two Pump Jk:
Not until you tell me what those options are
I'm protecting myself here

Me:
1. buy you thongs only
2. shave off your eyebrows while you're sleeping
3. drug you with Viagra pills

Two Pump Jk:
Funny

Me:
I know I am

Two Pump Jk:
Tell me now

Me:
It's something for your mother
Can't choose
So
1,2, or 3?